Thursday, February 21, 2008

busy, so quicky.....

That could be the title line for quite a few of these over the next 7+ weeks. Staying consistently busy, but I am behind in the number of returns completed as compared to last year. I know with the move, I should not be trying to compare the years, but it is hard for me not to look back. I wonder if, besides the move, did I do something to make the clients want to leave. Of course none have officially left until April 15th passes, and it is only February 21st, but I sometimes do and think silly things. :-)

As of today, I have completed 59 returns, I have 8 waiting for me to start on my desk, and 9 more in the "dreaded pile of doom". That is the pile I tease my clients about if they happen to be in it. It means I have your return inputted, but am waiting on a question answered, or one more piece of information before I can complete the return. I hope to have good enough days working tomorrow and part of Saturday to be caught up with all clients that have sent in their information.

The MediFast PR people have contacted Morgan about the "before and after" pictures, and her personal story that she sent to them. It seems they are interested in her and her story. We shall see.

Cassie has moved up in her swimming to the "Red / competitive" group full time. She was slowly getting into it, but with her having the week off, I thought it was a good time to get it started. They work them hard in this group, but that is good for my princess, as a "kick in the rear" with some hard exercise will be good for her. It throws the family schedule into a loop, because practices Monday - Thursday are 5 - 6:30pm, while Fridays are 5-7pm, and Saturdays are 8-10am. We carpool with another girl's family a few days a week, and on the others I either stay and go for a run (if the knees are up to it), or drop her off and come back home to work.

The Hurricanes beat the Atlanta Thrashers 5-3 tonight at the RBC Center. The Canes have now opened up a four point lead in the division. A nice small winning streak would be nice to make a little gap between them and the rest of the division. But, I have to ask, where are the fans? Only 13,500, which is not even 75% full? That's terrible.

And hooray to Blogger! They finally fixed the spell checker.

- Let these two argue all the way to the Democratic Convention.
- Talk about biting that hand that fed you. Or didn't feed you.
- Sometimes I think I have all these symptoms.
- A new Harley-Davidson jacket. Nice, but as usual, expensive.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Morgan said...

"...but it is hard for me not to look back. I wonder if, besides the move, did I do something to make the clients want to leave."

Yeah--b/c you are soooooo un-accommodating to your clients. (that's major sarcasm, my darlin') If they leave, it's only 'cause they don't know how good they got it! ; )

Kellie said...

I agree with Morgan, Sal. You are an awesome accountant. You are stressing over nothing, my friend.

I continue to be proud of Miss Cassie. She is just the little fish, you know.

Good for the 'Canes. I try to keep up best I can. You KNOW how I am. lol I did get to see Glen the other day though. It was good to chat with him and Barb.

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Nice jacket, Sal!