Sunday, February 24, 2008

free time.....

Don't have much of that during this time of year. I worked all day Friday and Saturday, but I am caught up for now. Have a new business return to start (current client who opened business), but everything else has been inputted. Bad thing is, the "pile of shame" I spoke about, now has about 15 or so returns in it.

Got this post started later than I intended this morning. Morgan's friend Chris, who is the voice on FOX and CBS television, as well as some movie trailers you hear, and has been "coaching" Morgan (she has a separate voice coach) on getting started with her voiceover business, decided to call at 10:45pm to see how his pupil was doing. Yes, that is 1:45am on the east coast where he lives. He is so busy with his work, it was the only free time he had to call. Well, the time the conversation ended at 12:45am, so that getting up early to take care of my posting, and other items around the house, got a later start than I wanted.

I hope you visit the other blogs I have listed (not Hog's if you are on a diet :-) ), especially Kellie's and Casey's with their great photos. I am jealous of them. I know both have been taking pictures much, much longer than me, and it is not the quality of work, as I know I will get better with time. It is the fact that they "see" something and get a picture. I don't have that "eye" yet, and not sure if I will. Even last night on the way to church, Morgan pointed out the great sunset (of course no camera, but I am going to start carrying it everytime I leave the house), and said "what a great picture", and I didn't "see" it until she pointed it out. I just thought great sunset first, and not the picture. Again, that might come over time, but art and seeing items in different ways in not my strongest quality.

Speaking of strong qualities (that was smooth), that was the discussion at church last night. What are our spiritual gifts we can share and use with the church. There was a questionnaire we filled out that was supposed to tell us "what we are good at". I don't know about that, as many of the items I had to put down the lowest score as I am too new to all of this to really "score" any higher on many spiritual items. What I do know is that I always enjoyed helping the kids at WCA, for the years Cassie attended, and I also enjoyed coaching Upwards basketball through Colonial Baptist Church. I figure if our church has a car enthusiast club, and a motorcycle club, a kid's sports club or even game club could be a way for me to help. I will look more into it after tax season ends.

Otherwise, it is quiet here in San Diego. We have had steady rains all week, and I think we are a little over seven inches for our "season". The normal is ten inches for the whole year, but after only 4 inches last year, and only 2 inches the year before that, some out here are thinking of building an ark.

The Hurricanes won a big game last night against the division rival (and second place team) Washington Capitals 6-3 at the RBC Center. Eric Staal and new Hurricane Joe Corvo had a goal and two assists each, while one of Cassie's favorite players, Matt Cullen (along with Justin Williams, Ray Whitney, Cam Ward, and Staal), had two goals and an assist. Glad to see they are getting some momentum, and also glad that Eric Staal has seemed to step up his game with the absence of Rod Brind'Amour.

I am participating in a fantasy baseball league with some other from GeezerGamers over at Yahoo. Should be fun, although I have not done any fantasy baseball in at least ten years. I have been playing fantasy hockey and football, both on Yahoo, so I should be able to learn the "game" easy enough.

Have a good week ahead.

- Really, Ralph? Haven't we heard this before.
- I like Jon Stewart, but not awards shows.
- These don't seem like ways to increase business.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That was very sweet what you said about my photography (and Casey's, too but he wouldn't say 'sweet').. ha! You will get there with "seeing" the picture. It is something I challenge myself with daily.

Isn't it great about the 'Canes? Steve seems to think they got a jump start when they made the trade. I am rooting them on from my heart because I just can't keep up with when they play. lol

I still cannot believe how much rain y'all are getting. Really, Sal... stop being so selfish and send some over here. lol

You know you have great talents for the church. I've watched you with those kids and still miss you on Fitness Days!!! Once you feel more comfortable with everything you will find your "spot." God has given you all you need... you just have to step out and do it. :)