Sunday, February 17, 2008

mountain ride.....

I joined up with the church's motorcycle riding group, called The Eternal Riders this morning for their monthly ride. Pastor Harry was working this morning so he did not join us. He should be there next month, as the ride coincides with his weekend off. There must have been about two dozen of us. It was mostly Harleys, and yes, I did have the smallest bike in the group. We went about 35 miles up towards Julian and stopped for lunch. I stayed in the back portion of the group, but was much more comfortable today then I was last week with the cars. There is still some snow, from the freak storm that came through on Thursday, on some of the mountain sides. It was a nice viewing ride, and I really enjoyed it.

At lunch, I met a nice couple, Barry and Debbie, and we spoke about our moves to San Diego (they are from Boston and arrived here in 2003 after he sold a business he started to NEC), sports and the church. I had a real nice time with them, and hope to see them at church on Saturday evenings.

After lunch they were going to take a long route north and west on the way home, but I decided to head back home and just relax. After tax season, I will stay with them for the whole ride.

Seems I have a raspy voice and some head congestion. Morgan said I did not have it this morning, so it could have been from the ride, as it was cool, and I did not have my "neck glove" around my throat. Or between the farms and floral, some allergies. Of course, my mind is going back to the clients who were sick and came to the house on Wednesday night. I guess we will see.

Church service this week was about "God, My Giant Slayer". Pastor Harry spoke about Moses, and the three items needed to "help slay the giant". Those being the ability to make something from nothing, the power of prayer, the how two can do what one cannot. Harry spoke of Twinkies as his "giant", and the excuses he uses with his wife, Candance, concerning his eating habits. As always, Harry was able to get his message through to me loud and clear. That has been the greatest part of coming to these services, that I always feel that I am being spoken to. Morgan feels the same way.

After the service, Morgan went up to Pastor Harry, and introduced herself, and told over her story with her "giant". She told him how on the first day of 2007, before getting out of bed, that she prayed that she could start her weight loss, and keep her wight loss going, and finally slay her "giant". Pastor Harry was taken aback that she has lost over 120 pounds since last January. They prayed together, and then we all spoke for a little while. I am extremely proud Morgan, and the "giant" she has been able to defeat.

The Hurricanes beat the Florida Panthers 5-4 on Saturday night at the RBC Center. The Canes scored 3 goals in the third period to comeback and win the game. Cam Ward got pulled in the second period after the Panthers pulled ahead 3-2, but John Grahame only allowed one goal the rest of the way. Cam had started the last 13 games, so I don't blame him for having an off night. They really need to reduce his load, and keep him fresh. Two in a row for the boys without their Captain.

- Think I'll have the chicken.
- I'm very happy for Ryan Newman.
- Please pick me, Mr. Edwards.
- Train your husband?

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Hope it's just the ride and that you aren't coming down with something!

Check my blog. The smallest bike isn't such a bad thing. :)

Kellie said...

Glad you were able to enjoy the ride. I bet it was quite beautiful. :)

I also enjoyed your pictures from yesterdays post but forgot to comment, I believe...

Maybe I should try that "train your husband" thing... nah, he is already an awesome man. lol

Glad you are enjoying and learning much from your church services. Those giants can be pretty big sometimes but we can do anything with the Lord's help!