Tuesday, February 26, 2008

lack of time.....

Sorry about the lack of postings, but the business of tax season, plus the added activities of Cassie, just seem to keep me and Morgan constantly on the go. I mean, I get into the office at 6am, and I am still working right up until dinner at 7pm, and some days I don't think I did anything. Ugh!

Nothing too exciting around here except the Girl Scout Cookies have arrived. That means bundling them up for delivery, including a special mailing to Alabama for the Slinger. Enjoy the Thin Mints.

The Hurricanes traded away Andrew Ladd for Tuomo Ruutu from the Chicago Black Hawks earlier today. Unlike the earlier trade to get Corvo and Eaves. I am not in favor of this one. I personally think the Canes may regret this down the road. I know Ruutu is tough, but I think Ladd was going to be a big time power forward as he got older. There were a ton of trades throughout the NHL today before the 3pm trade deadline.

The Canes followed the trade tonight by continuing to play good hockey, and they beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 in overtime. Sergei Samsonov scored both goals, and has been a very pleasant surprise since joining the team. They really seem to be getting it together at the right time. Plus all of this is with their captain, Rod Brind'Amour sidelined for the season.

- These two are everywhere. Good thing they are good people.
- Is there a doctor in the house?

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I know you are crazy busy!! Hang in there... you only have 6 more weeks of the crazies. lol

Enjoy passing out the Girl Scout cookies. lol This is the first year in a LONG time I haven't had students or former students ask me for them. I should have bought some from Cassie girl!! (not that I need any... those Thin Mints can be ridiculously addictive.)

Morgan said...

Ohhhhhh, Kellie.....I bet we could find an extra box or two of thin mints for you if you find yourself really jonesin' for some!! ; )

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

COOKIE! COOKIE! COOKIE!

Glad I could help Cassie out. Girl Scout Cookies are the perfect win-win product. :) I hope you shipped them unmarked, or they may not make it past the first post office...

Good ole' associations looking out for our best interests... :roll eyes: Hope I don't need a surgeon anytime soon.

Kevin said...

Hey, Sal...Feel free to rant anytime on my blog. Some days I just have to get it off my chest. I am sure there will be more days that I will rant over some inane person's actions. Talk to you later.