Saturday, February 9, 2008

up the mountains.....

The weather here in San Diego has turned to "springlike" (not that it was bad before), so Friday morning Morgan received an email from the car club in our church that they were looking to do a ride up to the mountain town of Julian. Because I have not been there, and the Viper only has two seats, I tagged along behind them on my motorcycle. Let me say that making a 45 mile ride up to the mountains as my first "curvy road trip", may not have been my best idea. I was usually only a couple of minutes behind, but I felt bad for holding the others up. It was a beautiful and fun trip, but I had to get used to going around curves with only "drop off" on the other side. Morgan had a blast with the rest of the group going up and coming back down. We stopped at the Julian Cafe and Bakery for breakfast with the group. As you can see from the pictures, Flat Stanley also made the trip with us, and I think he had a good time.

After we all returned home, Morgan and Cassie spent some time over at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. The park is associated with the San Diego Zoo. They had a good time, and said we need to go again when I have some time, and we need to bring the camera.

I spent the time in the office cleaning up little things so that on Monday morning I can just attack these tax returns starting to pile up on my desk. That always happens at the start of the month, when I have my normal monthly clients work to handle, along with the tax returns.

When we joined our new church as members, they let us have new Study Bibles. These are NIV versions that many of the church members carry with them to service on Saturdays and Sundays. In two months, I went from just one "regular" Bible, to now having two different study Bibles. Each is interesting in its own way. On the Bible reading front, it has slowed down these past couple of weeks because of work, but I am more than half way through the Book of John.

The Hurricanes beat the Washington Capitals 2-1 on Friday night. It was a good win for them, as the Capitals have been playing exceptional hockey since they changed coaches on Thanksgiving Day. The win, let them leap frog the Caps and put them back in first place in the division.

Tonight, is not so good for the Canes. At the end of the first, they are down 4-1 to the New Jersey Devils. Back to back games on the road is tough, but they have got to make a better showing then his if they want to make the playoffs. Hopefully this score will turn around in a couple of hours, but I'm not counting on it.

- Start your engines!
- No YahSoft or MicroHoo
- Getting a tax rebate?
- WiiHab

Until the next time.....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to be riding your bike in the mountains. Besides taking my class when I had my bike and being able to do 140 in a very safe environment, mountain riding was the most fun I had on a bike. If the people you are riding with are good riders, they would much rather have you riding within your limits, and not trying to keep up and ride dangerously. I rode with one group who did not think like that. Needless to say, I did not ride with them after that.
Sounds like you guys had a great trip, and you really need to get a camera mount for your bike :)
Hope I can get a bike before we have a second child :D

Sal Cartusciello said...

I was "tagging along" so I dropped to the back and knew I would catch up, or just turn around. Next Sunday is with the motorcycle group from the church.

Kellie said...

Looks like y'all had lots of fun. :) Glad Flat Stanley was able to join you.

Good to hear you are in the middle of John. I am re-reading John myself right now. Glad to know you have those study Bibles!

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll have my bike after this weekend. I'm trying to buy one before we have children... :) I plan on buying a bike from a fellow employee, but he works at one of our power plants about 7 hours from me. He is going to meet me somewhere along the way though.

'04 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic, 1600cc, windshield, saddlebags, Vance & Hines pipes. 5900 miles. It's a good looking bike. I'll update my blog tonight with pics.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Slinger - sounds like a good deal. For me windshield = important.

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

From the pictures, this windshield looks like it may be a bit high for my taste. I may have to shorten it a bit. It may be that I've never had one, but I kind of prefer no windshield with a full helmet & faceshield instead of the current trend of windshield and skull cap. I'll probably buy both types of helmets and work out which I like better. I've never ridden with a skull cap before.