Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008.....

This Valentine's Day is the first that Morgan and I have spent together in a "normal" fashion since 2002.
2007 - Morgan in San Diego / Sal in NC
2006 - Sal has knee surgery on February 13th
2005 - Morgan in San Diego / Sal in NC
2004 - Have family visit and tell them about Morgan's job in SD
2003 - Sal has diverticulitis and is on antibiotics and can barely move

We are doing nothing overly special. I got her some nice flowers and we exchanged cards. Cassie has swim practice, but we will all eat dinner together. To me, the most important part is that we are together.

This is one of those reasons why people keep telling me that I will never leave San Diego after being here for a while. And who knows, they might be right. Living in an area where it can be 90 minutes from the top of a mountain to the beach is amazing. I was able to go 1/4 mile from the house and get this picture. Literally around the corner from where we live. Pretty amazing what God creates for us.

My buddy, Mike, had the real tough choice of choosing between two motorcycles. This only made Casey hate him more. :-)

Speaking of Casey. Things seem to be settling down around the Gavette household. We don't get to speak or text as much as normal during this time of the year, but I am happy to see on his blog that everything is going well.

Also, a friend of Casey, Mike and myself, Will (Hogw1ld), who writes mostly about his cooking (smoking and BBQing), blogged about smoking eggs a couple of weeks back. I love breakfast, and may need to try that at some time.

OK, that is it for today.

- When will this stop?
- Um, OK. If that's what you want to call your city.
- Dale, Jr. seems to like his new team.
- This never happened with my man, Bobby Knight around.

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Kellie said...

That surely is a beautiful scene... You are right... God did create that for us to enjoy. Glad you are enjoying it. :)

I am also thankful you and Morgan FINALLY got to spend a Valentine's Day together. ;)

Sal Cartusciello said...

Thanks. That was the "best" picture and it is terrible. I could not keep still. It is "cool" again today, so I might try again for another shot.

Kellie said...

I tried my Lake Wheeler sunrise shot today... it was comical and it will probably be in my blog just for posterity sake. lol

Hope you try yours again. :)

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

I feel bad for Furgs, really, because I know what he is going through. :) I've been itching for a bike for awhile now. I know he wouldn't trade his family for all of the bikes in the world, but he shoulda got that bike before the baby. LOL!

That view is astounding! I bet it is nice out there. Before I started traveling, I believed that I wouldn't want to live anywhere other than Alabama or the Southeast, but I don't feel that way anymore. This country is full of beautiful places!