Thursday, February 28, 2008

not much.....

Wasn't sure if I would post anything today, but even with the work piling up, I still try to do some "normal" things for myself each day, on top of the "normal" family stuff I try not to neglect at this time of year. I read the paper everyday (and have done so for some 35 years). I do a 20 minute weight workout each morning before getting into the office at 6am. Two or three days a week I take Cassie to swimming and instead of working again, go for a 45 minute run (if my knees hold up, I want to complete more more half marathon now that I am over 40 and "post knee surgery") or walk. And lastly, I try to keep this site updated three to five times a week.

Had a North Carolina client come to the office today to have his tax return prepared. His mom lives in La Jolla, so he made it that he could come by and also have his return prepared while visiting. I have only know Bob for a couple of years, but he married two years ago a long time client of mine, so that's how he became a client. Today, he also brought me his two sons' returns to prepare, so even though they are "student" returns now, when they graduate in a few years, I hope they become full clients. It was nice to have a client in the office, to change things up.

One thing that is very tough this year is working in good weather. The last 21 tax season have been in New York and North Carolina. New York is cold until late March or April, while North Carolina starts getting nice about mid March. I can put up with 3 or 4 weeks of nice weather. Here, it has been nice for the past week, and will only get better. Ugh!

Looking at the pile on my desk, I better wrap this up so I can watch Lost, and then get to sleep. Looks like a full day tomorrow and Saturday. I have already promised Rock Band to Morgan and Cassie for Saturday night after church, so I need to get a good amount of work done tomorrow.

The Hurricanes lost to the New York Rangers 4-2 tonight at the RBC Center. The Canes were never really in it, as the New Yorkers jumped to a 2-0 lead in the first period, and were up 3-0 before Erik Cole finally scored for the Canes. They got to within a goal, but then the Rangers put the game away.

- I paid $3.45 today for regular!
- Another cell phone deal.
- A few less Idols.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

It is good that you are able to do some other things... helps with the sanity.

How fun you had a client from NC see you personally!!!

Cannot believe you paid $3.45 for regular...geesh.

Did LOST totally lose you for a bit last night?????? I tell you that show is getting more weird. lol

Kevin said...

Well, I don't work with Mike Mizelle, but I do know of him. He sends me emails every so often to order paper!