Monday, February 11, 2008

windshield and helmet.....

My buddy, Mike (Th3Guns1ing3r) has posted on his site some pictures of the new bike he is about to purchase. It's a 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic, and besides being a Japanesse bike (you know I had to kid you being a Harley owner), it is real nice. I wish him the best of luck with it.

He mentioned in a comment note from Saturday's blog that he has never had a windshield before, and was going to buy a full face and skull cap helmet. I love the windshield, and think he will like it, and so will his wife if she rides along. As for the helmet, I only have worn a full face, but I get the itch every once in a while to get a skull cap. Then I get hit with a rock, or debris, and am happy I have the full face helmet.

Morgan is going to start a blog page soon concerning food. It will have recipes, and other items. It should be very interesting with her new perspective on food. I am sure she will do very well with it. As soon as she gets it off the ground, I'll have a link on the side.

Speaking of Morgan, she was extremely happy to get into another size lower of jeans. Actually it was a size 8, and she did a "happy dance" around the house because of it. She is now at about 120 pounds lost, and something less then 20 pounds away from her goal. She looks great, and I am proud of her.

If she doesn't do it on her site, I will eventually (after tax season) get into all that she has gone through with the weight loss. And, I don't mean only physical. There has been a tremendous mental aspect to this as well, and that includes how people have treated her all along the way.

Poor new on the stepfather front. My mother was able to call me earlier today because Lou was at treatment, and she had the house to herself. A friend of the family, who is a doctor, is very concerned about the size and type of the tumor. I am hoping they are wrong with their concerns and timetable.

The Hurricanes traded away Cory Stillman and Mike Commodore today to the Ottawa Senators for Joe Corvo and Patrick Eaves. At first I thought the Canes may be giving up on the season, but after after having some time to think about it, this might be a pretty good deal. The Canes get younger, and more speed. Both are important for this team.

If you did not see or hear about what happened to Florida Panther, Richard Zednik Sunday night, it is an amazing and very scary play. Luckily, he is now in stable condition. The incident happened almost 19 years to the day, that it last happened, and that one also took place in Buffalo. That time is was goalie, Clint Malarcuck who got cut with an accidental skate.

- Cold War II?
- How's that fancy Blackberry?
- Sure looks like Blu-Ray is the winner.
- Hope you bought the "forever" stamp.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My Blackberry was just fine, and I cancelled my Netflix....stupid Blu Ray :)

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Can't we all just get along??? I don't understand why one format has to win the 'war'. If I were a retailer, I think I would be all for supporting both formats. More formats & players = more sales, right?

The blackberry outage was nice. Quiet for a few hours until all of the emails poured in at one time...