Wednesday, February 6, 2008

time to write.....

Not much going on besides working. Have four client folders on my desk right now, and should have that down to two, by the time I leave the office tonight. I should be able to get the information inputted on the other two tomorrow morning. Then I might be able to take a breath.

This is pretty normal, but with this being the first tax season of "blogging", some of you reading this might think I don't want to write. Not the case, just no real time,and life is pretty boring for me until April 15th as taxes take up most of my thoughts and time. When I do have free time, I just want to do "not much". But, I can't really complain, as it is only like this for three months out of the whole year.

Last night, the Hurricanes lost to the Nashville Predators 1-0. Cam Ward was great with his 33 saves, but the Pred's Chris Mason was better with the shutout and 31 saves. The Canes are away for three more games. Hopefully they can get it going in Washington on Friday night.

The big story was not the game, but the weather. The fans were told that nobody would be leaving the arena until those damaging storms had passed. Thoughts and prayers go out to those effected by these storms.

Quck update on my stepfather, Lou. He is home, and getting along with everything going on around him. Looks like the tumor is quite large, so he is looking at five days a week of treatment for a few weeks. The doctors say the type of cancer he has, has a 60% - 80% survival rate, so we are cautiously optomistic.

Blogger's spell check still not working for me and some others. May need to put this in Word first, then "cut 'n paste".

- Not even a citizen for a week.
- Duke / North Carolina. Great college b'ball.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Good to talk to you tonight. :)

As I said on the phone, I'll keep praying for your step-father....

I am sure I'll be seeing that basketball game tonight in this house. lol