Wednesday, February 13, 2008

please stay home.....

So, I have my first San Diego clients coming to the office for an income tax return. They were scheduled for Saturday, but asked if I was free prior to that time. I explained, that just like them, I only moved here a short time ago, so they would be my first "sit down" appointment, so anytime was good. They show up today, and what happens? All of them are sick. The husband just got over a cold, the wife has a scratchy throat, and the child could have been the poster boy for Kleenex. I could not finish the return fast enough. They were nice people, but what were they thinking? It never fails, as I always seem to get one a year that is sick, and for some reason will not move the appointment. What are the odds, that it would be my first client in San Diego?

As you can tell, I am frustrated and annoyed. Now I will think about it until Friday or Saturday, and hope I don't feel any symptoms. Luckily, neither Cassie or Morgan met any of them, so they should be OK. Just call and say, "I'm sick". That is OK. We will reschedule. Ugh!

Got an e-mail from the church group concerning our ride this Sunday. Because of the great weather, and this being the first ride, they are going to make it a long one. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm game for it (as long as I'm not sick!), and am looking forward to it.

I'm tired and cranky, so it's time to go.

- Prayers for Rev. Graham
- I prefer Pepsi
- Bet you they ask him to buy the beer.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I totally understand your thoughts on staying home! I have had enough sickness around me lately to last for a while. Some people seriously don't think.

Hope you are feeling FINE to ride on Saturday. Better take your camera, mister...

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

That's awful! Even worse since they were coming into your home.