Saturday, December 29, 2007

2500 mile checkup.....

I can not remember the last time we spent a week doing nothing as a family besides hanging out, and it has been great. We always seemed to "have to" do something when we were in NC, while this week we have just gone with whatever is happening. It is nice, and we still have entertained ourselves without having to try real hard. We have always done things as the "3 of us", but with Cassie getting older it is easier for us to just "be", and enjoy ourselves. Also if Cassie gets "tired of her parents", we don't feel like we have to change directions just for her. Instead Morgan and I can keeping doing what we were doing, or if we want, can change course.

BTW, I have a Rock Band addict as a wife. :-) We have been playing as a three or just two person band since Christmas night. There have been three nights playing to almost 1am. Another week of this, then back to normal work schedules. :-(

Took the bike in for its 2500 mile oil change and service. It actually has only 2350 miles, but when I was there yesterday to set an appointment for a few weeks from now, they told me they had a 9am opening. Can't believe I have already done so many miles since Memorial Day. Really July 1st, because I was still very nervous that first month. Then add the move, and being apprehensive about riding in a busier city, and I am happy with how much I have gotten to ride.

Otherwise, that has been it. Will be going to church services this evening at the newer church we have been visiting, then it will be home for relaxing. Will watch the Patriot / Giant game to see if an undefeated season will occur, then I am sure it will be more Rock Band.

My Hurricanes got a 4-3 win last night at home against the Boston Bruins. Bret Hedican got injured last night to add to the list of players not playing. With Justin Williams gone for the season, Matt Cullen with a broken nose, and the other injuries that guys are playing through, or just recovering from, I hope they have enough duct tape to keep the team together. They play in Columbus tonight. The Blue Jacket team has really played well this season, and are real stingy with their defense. Hopefully the boys can get a winning streak started.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I am glad to know y'all are having such great family times together. Too funny about Morgan becoming a "rock band" addict. :)

We watched the Patriot/Giants game, too. Not my first exciting thing to do on a Saturday night, but I just enjoy being at home with my family, too. lol :)