Sunday, December 2, 2007

rain, then cold in San Diego.....

Well, I should not say cold, but to the natives, and to those living here for quite a while, they would say so. After the nice cleansing rain of Friday, it was a crisp, breezy & cloudy day today in the 50s. Of course, it will be back near 80 by Tuesday. To me, the last two days weather was just like some fall days in NC. Kind of made me homesick, so got a bit of the blues today.

Again, I love being out here with Morgan, and this is better than her traveling all the time, and her not being happy trying to live a split life. But, try as I might, I just can't see myself calling out here "home". But, I need to get over these blues, as I don't want my mood to effect Cassie, or upset Morgan into thinking I am having thoughts about leaving. I am not. It is just plain ol' missing people and places.

Funny though, as last night we were at a party at Morgan's bosses house. His wife asked Cassie if she liked it better in NC or San Diego. Cassie said NC, but felt a little bad about doing so. Then the wife tells us she also prefers NC to San Diego, as they lived there for about 4 years a while ago. So, at least I know I am not the only one. :-)

Was very lazy today, and even fell asleep while watching some of the college football on TV. Just a little worn, but I'm better now. Would feel even better if I did not watch the Hurricanes get whipped 8-1 by the Sabres. Anyone but Buffalo beating us. Those sting more than others. We did win on Friday night, so not a total lost weekend, but it was not a good win. Their next 4 games are on the road. They need to get this fixed, and fast.

Had a nice church service tonight. Pastor Ray did an impression of Billy Graham that was unbelievable. He was describing when he first came to know Jesus. Pastor Ray will not be there the next 2 weeks as he and his wife are going away to celebrate 30 years of marriage. They were married young, as he has just turned 50. Guess that's not too bad, as I will be 55 on our 30th anniversary.

I have decided to try to read the Bible each day. I think this will help me get through this time, and see exactly where I am as a Christian. I have never done this for any period of time, so I am actually going to start at page 1, and go forward.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Hey...just think of the "cold snap" in San Diego as a way God was sending you some of the fall you had been missing. Isn't it great that God knows just what we are needing? I bet that was a nice change (but a shocker) to you all out there. :)

OK... I am so not keeping up with the 'Canes as well since you are not here reminding me when they actually play, but they really aren't doing so hot. It is good to know that YOU out THERE know more about what is going on than I do that lives so closely to the action! lol I hope they straighten up soon!

I am tickled to see you are going to start reading your Bible everyday. :) I have been praying for that.

I'll talk with ya soon....