Wednesday, December 19, 2007

should have called first.....

I made Kellie feel bad with my post yesterday. I did not mean to, but I also knew she didn't want me calling her at 11pm to explain first before I started writing, so I sent her an e-mail "warning" her of the post. We were able to speak today, and got it all "OK". I felt bad for making her feel bad, but she knew what I was talking about and understood.

Then we spent 20 minutes discussing front loading washing machines. Woo Hoo! Are we interesting people, or what? :-)

Morgan and I told Cassie that we are running up to Disneyland Friday afternoon. We will be back Saturday night, so it is only a short visit. The main reason we are going is because none of us have been there when it is decorated for Christmas, so we are going to see all the lights and festivities. This time, I am bringing my good camera.

Morgan and I have been trying to decide what to do about Christmas Day. It is only the three of us, so we don't want it to be a "regular" day after all the morning activities. We decided to either try visiting the mountains, or the beach, and let Cassie decide. She said, "beach", so it is there for our new Christmas Day destination.

Being on our own for the holidays is one of the drawbacks of being in a new place and so far away from everyone we know. We have not established any new friendships yet, but as Morgan and I discussed, we never made friends easily. In fact, we really did not have any couple friends until about three years ago.

We could try traveling, but I am really not ready to take a cross country trip. Plus, we are still trying to get our feet underneath us out here, and make a life out here that we are comfortable with, so for at least this year, I would rather it just be the three of us enjoying a Southern California Christmas with a walk on the beach.

Casey finally received his medicine. He had to give himself 4 injections this afternoon. He said the needles did not bother him, but the medicine stung a bit. He was a little light headed, but was doing fine. He has to do two more shots in 2 weeks, then I think it is one shot every other week. Should be about four weeks that he will start seeing and feeling the results. Here is hoping that this is finally the right med for him.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm....beach for Christmas, it really is like NC out there :)
Have fun at Disney, be sure to post some pics, and I am sure I will catch up with you on Christmas. Tell everyone Heather and I say hi.
Casey

Kellie said...

The beach sounds like a wonderful Christmas Day adventure. I'll be expecting some pictures... hee hee

Glad I got to talk with you yesterday.. even if it did revolve around washer/dryers. lol :)