Wednesday, December 5, 2007

housekeeping.....

A boring day today. Worked on some clients' monthly paperwork, and that was pretty much it. Hope to get a ride in after this post and before I take Cassie to swim practice. After that, some time with Morgan, and/or gaming.

Just to tie up loose ends for the past few days, what happened between Morgan and myself was 100% my fault. I was starting to get into a funk the past few weeks coinciding with me starting this blog. I tired to deal with my "problems" on my own without Morgan, trying to shield her, in hopes that I would figure it out myself before she caught on. WRONG!!!

I mentioned I would start this blog, but she seemed disinterested, so I took that as a "let's not tell her, or send her the link" idea. Mistake #1. Also in that time, the "funk" about being out here was getting to me at different times, and I kept that from her. Mistake #2. Then, add to it the fact that I was starting to read the Bible in hopes of getting a "direction", and never said anything to her about it, or asking her to join me. Mistake #3. Put them all together and it looks like I am hiding "a life" from her, and with that, you get a potential disaster. Mistake #4.

Luckily, I have a loving and understanding wife, and after 2 days of discussions/fighting (whatever), we have patched these problems up. We both understand each other better now, and I have told Morgan everything that I have been thinking over these past weeks. I feel a tremendous amount of relief, and much better now. I have promised her that I will try not to hide any feelings from her. We are in this together. Again, I am a lucky man.

So last night, for the first time, Morgan read these pages from the beginning and says she will now be reading the posts regularly. She even said she liked my writing. :-)

We also stopped by the store and bought her a Bible so that we could possibly do some of the reading I am going to start together. I did not know she had lost her only one before we met, and never replaced it.

Doing these things together. I like that. Hopefully this will close this matter, and get the drama out of our lives for a while.


A big thank you, to our friend Kellie for her direction in starting our Bible reading.

Also, want to have you give a thought and prayer to my friend Casey. He has been going through a tough time with his Crohn's disease, and hopes the doctors finally have him on the right track to get a handle on it. He has been feeling pretty bad the past couple of weeks. He has gone through enough with this. Hang in there buddy!

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.... :) I continue to thank the Lord that you and Morgan are on the same page. That is most important. ;)

Now she'll just have to read my blog, too. he heee...

I hope your ride went well.

Any packages yet?????

Sal Cartusciello said...

No packages. Is it coming PO or UPS? If UPS, we can track it.

Sal Cartusciello said...

BTW, it would have helped if I tried to put us on the same page, instead of opposite ends.

Kellie said...

I just checked that the "package" has been processed, but apparently not shipped yet. I know it is because of the time of year. I'll keep checking on it. I can't tell whether it is USPS or UPS! lol

You are right about being on the same page. Glad the Lord showed you that. We all live and learn...