Tuesday, December 11, 2007

courtesy.....

We have our HOG Christmas party tonight, so a quick post before we leave. Besides the party, I am sure we will be discussing our event on Saturday morning. We have something like $1500 to spend on Christmas gifts for a children's hospital, and the local Wal*Mart is going to match our donation. Then we pack the toys in cars, and ride over to deliver them in person. More on that when it happens.

The title of today's post, could be the title almost everyday. As everyday goes by, I feel more and more people just fall into the "I don't care about anyone, but myself, so you'll just have to out up with it" mode. It amazes me what some people will do, and not have a second thought about it.

It could be drivers, people shopping, using the drive through, etc., it just does not matter. Almost nobody seems to think about the people around them. I try to show Cassie these situations, and explain to her about her "surroundings" so that she does not fall into any of these traps.

Well today was another involving our school and the drop off and pick up area. The procedure for those waiting on children is to wait in a line, then when your child arrives to move out of line, and go to the area to get your child. Today, we had another mother get out of line, and sit in the area (it is one lane) waiting on their child, while those with children waiting in the area, were made to wait. This must have happened half a dozen times these past 3 weeks. If it is not that, we actually have someone who will place herself in front of all the cars that have been waiting in line, and make herself first in the waiting area. What are these people thinking? And what do they say to their kids when asked why people are honking horns at them? Do they lie to them, to add on top of their rudeness?

Well, got to run, but I had another car incident while on the bike today. Not dangerous, as I saw the mental midget all the way. Just the normal part of being out and driving and / or riding, while others are not paying attention, or again, just worrying about themselves. I will get more into it on another post.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Kellie said...

You got it, Sal... people are quite rude these days and only think about how something will make it better for THEM. Glad you weren't hurt on your bike!

Unknown said...

Sal, You do remember Crossroads this time of year? Had something similar happen to me on Sat afternoon. I was trying to turn down a parking lot lane near an entrance and NO ONE was letting me turn. I mean WTH?? Are you in that much of a hurry to WAIT in another line that you can't let me in? I swear people in general urk me most of the time. I think all of my shopping this time of year, next year, will be done online. Glad your incident was not serious...remember what I told you,"ride like everyone is out to kill you" and you will be fine :)
Later,
Casey

Sal Cartusciello said...

Kellie - no I wasn't hurt. Saw them all the way.

Casey - Ah yes, Crossroads. I think we made an effort last year to not got there after 12 noon. It is a joke around there this time of year.