Saturday, December 15, 2007

don't get frustrated.....

Well today, I received my shipment of 300 income tax folders (where I return client papers, any tax return papers, and their invoice). That means tax season really is close.

Took care of a couple of clients this morning, then nothing. That happens as the end of the year approaches. Usually I am done for the year just about now, but this year three clients need to get me workpapers next week for their businesses. It won't be "heavy lifting" work, but it will keep me busy for a few hours. Then it all cranks up on January 2nd.

I need to get a California Tax Preparer License, as California is only one of two states (Oregon, the other) that licenses all paid tax preparers. Part of my application was filling out a 9 page questionnaire telling my years of experience in different areas. Filled it out, got letters from current clients, and all the other information they needed, and sent it off. Then nothing. Finally get to speak with someone today. Come to find out, the 9 pages I filled out at the end of September, were changed for the 2008 application on October 1st. They are returning my whole application. I will need to use the "new" form (same exact questions on the 9 pages, just in a different layout), and summit again. Of course with the holidays they told me there will be a skeleton crew, so it will not be processed until January 2nd. I am technically not allowed to file a tax return in California without that license, so I am now at their mercy to get this done quickly. I just wish they would have handled this and contacted me about the problem sooner. Ugh!

Not going to only snag California government today, as we are four for four when it comes to North Carolina DMV with this move. NC DMV has sent me four separate letters over the past 6 weeks telling me that they were informed that we canceled our insurance. Each letter has been for a different car. When I got the first one, I sent a note telling them we moved to California, and are registered and insured out here. Well, it seems even though my note covered all 4 vehicles, they only corrected the one from their letter, because we have received the same notice for all cars and the motorcycle. Hope they liked reading my same letter four times over.

Morgan, Cassie and I played a game tonight on the XBOX360 called Pinata Party. Basically it is a bunch of mini games like racing, collecting candy, etc. Your characters in the game are pinatas. Very colorful game, and we had a good amount of fun. Morgan usually is not crazy about video games, but she was a good sport and did pretty well playing with us.

Almost midnight. Need to get to bed, as tomorrow morning we have our HOG toy buy and ride. I'm a bit nervous because this will be my first ride with the group, and also, I am not sure how I am going to handle seeing those kids in the hospital. More on it in later posts.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

"UGH" is right about that questionnaire you filled out. They truly could have contacted you sooner, but that is in a perfect world, huh?

I didn't mean to laugh about the NCDMV....but I did chuckle...

The HOG ride should be GREAT today. I am looking forward to hearing all about it. :)