Wednesday, December 12, 2007

courtesy (part 2).....

I could get to "part 100" by the time I am done.

So, as Morgan waited in the car line today, Ms. RangeRover came around the bend, and parked herself in "new spot #1" at the front of the line. Then, a father driving a minivan, did the "creep" as though he had seen his child, but did not. Then after staying in the "pick-up" spot for a while was forced to move, so he went towards the handicap spot. Just amazing.

As for the bike incident I mentioned yesterday, it was nothing major, as I saw what was going to happen before it happened. Cell phone driver, who was not sure where they were at the time, decided to do the "move over 3 lanes in 1 second" routine. I could see it happening , as she moved her head back and forth, but never losing a second of the earth shattering conversation. I gave a gentle tap of the horn (which is hard to find on the bike), then made sure I looked at her (which I'm not sure in menacing or not, as I now have a full tinted visor) after we were stopped at a light. It probably did no good, but I can hope she might have given a thought to what might
have happened.

Last night was the HOG Christmas party. Here Cassie is with Santa. Somehow he knew to get her a High School Musical 2 DVD and calender. :-) Both Morgan and Cassie made out like bandits at the party, and on my dime. As with all HOG meetings, there are raffles for giveaways, and a 50/50, with again all our remaining funds going to a local charity. I put my $10 in for 7 merchandise tickets, and seven 50/50 tickets. Not paying much attention, a woman's shirt was up for raffle. Wouldn't you know I have a winning ticket, so Morgan went up to claim "her" prize. About 2 minutes later, another woman's shirt, and another winner, but this time Cassie claimed the prize. We also won $15 in one of the 50/50 draws, but somehow I only got my original $10 back, and Cassie kept the other $5! Oh, well. We had a good time, and we are all looking forward to the toy shopping, and delivery to the children's hospital on Saturday.

My friend Kellie, and her kids are a bit under the weather today, so here is my wishing them well. We actually spoke for almost 45 minutes today while I was at Cassie's swim practice. It was nice to speak with her, but I could tell she was not herself.

As for my buddy, Casey, I am giving a wish and prayer for some "paperwork" to get resolved regarding his meds to handle his Crohn's. With a baby on the way in a couple of months, I would like for him to feel better (and he would like to feel better) in regards to the Crohn's, because he is going to have his hands full with diapers, and spit-up, and wipes, and onesies, etc., soon enough.

My Hurricanes got whipped 6-0 by the Ottawa Senators. Thought they had turned the corner by playing fairly well on the road trip (minus the Buffalo disaster), but to get beat like that at home is not a good sign.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Kellie said...

You cracked me up with your first comment that you could "get to 100 by the time you are done.." I literally could hear you say that. :)

Feeling a bit better today. I have slept and slept which is good. The kids seem back to normal from what I can see but you know how they can bounce back more quickly. Thank you for your well wishes. :)

Unknown said...

Paperwork done! Start new meds tomorrow. :) They said it could take 4 weeks to really kick in....let's hope they are a short 4 weeks.

Casy

Sal Cartusciello said...

Casey - saw your post on GG, and that's great news. Positive thoughts that this will be the right medicine.