Thursday, December 6, 2007

to the principal's office.....

No, not Cassie. It was the whole family's turn, as we had our interview with the principal at Maranatha Christian School (www.maranathachristianschools.org/). Mrs. Malanga is a very nice lady, and we had a very nice visit. The school is very nice, with all the newest educational tools for the kids, and the education would keep Cassie challenged. They really seem to want Cassie to join, but the class size is a problem. Right now the 4th grade is full, so unless someone leaves, Cassie will not be getting in. The school is relatively new, so right now there are only 2 classes with 26 students in each one, and no room for expansion. If it was meant to be, she will get in.

I made an inquiry earlier in the day about purchasing an income tax practice in the area. It seems that a financial planning / accountant / law office were looking sell off the income tax clients who only came in for income taxes returns, and did not use the attorney or financial planner. Guess the clients were not enough income generators for them, as they are looking to move about 100 income tax clients with an average fee of $506! I almost fell off my chair, as that is about 3 times my average fee. They were looking for a set price, but I only will only purchase based on the clients that stayed, and the fees collected. Also, it seems like they want to sell to a CPA only, which upsets me, because my 22 years doing returns, and the number I have done personally over those years, should offset any three letters that would appear after my name. Not that I am bitter or anything. I might know more tomorrow, as after my initial contact, I was told a CPA was making a full price offer for the clients, so it does not look like I will get a shot at presenting myself.

Morgan, Tanner (morning show partner), and Eric (a friend) are starting to make their plans for their Ireland trip. Looks like they will be going around St. Patrick's Day. They just need to get their thoughts all together so they can start planning everything. They should have a great time together traveling. Me, I'm not much of a traveler (especially flier), so I am happy that Morgan has friends she can do this with. The walls around me take a bit of time to fall, so maybe, in the future, I will like traveling more.

My friend, Kellie, is still putting up Christmas ornament pictures on her page. And me, nothing. I need to get around the neighborhood and take some shots of the more "creative lighting".

The Hurricanes lost again to Tampa Bay tonight, 2-1. We did not score until the last minutes of the game. Ugh! So far, the Lightning have our number this year, and it's frustrating. It is even more so after the real nice 4-0 win over the NY Rangers on Monday night. Everything clicked, then 2 nights later, nothing.

More rain in the area this weekend, so another ride to the mountains is out the window. This is part of the storm that hit Washington & Oregon hard, so it has the natives, restless. Already starting the sandbags in the areas hit by the fires. Hopefully, it will be a nice 2 or 3 day light rain, so we will have no mudslides, and I will not have to water the lawn for another week. :-)

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I'll be praying about Cassie getting into school. :)

Rain...again??? Geesh... really, send some our way! We are now over 9 inches below normal.

I'll also keep praying about the clients. God will lead ya...