Monday, August 18, 2008

Baptism at the Beach.....

Last night was Morgan's and my Baptism. We got to the beach early (around 4:30, while the Baptisms were to start around 7pm), and enjoyed some time in the ocean. I loved being there with Morgan, and Cassie, when she wasn't so far out into the ocean on her "body board". We had some dinner with other church members, and their friends and family that joined them. Some of the other members of CRB were there to also be Baptised, while others were just there to be there with us.

Pastor Harry

The pictures were taken by Veronica, a girlfriend of Seth, who was also being Baptised last night. Thank you, Veronica. :-)

Also, as you can see in the pictures, the whole evening was recorded by CRB's video team, so I am sure there will be a DVD and maybe some still pictures available to us in a few weeks or so.
Before heading into the ocean. Yes, I was a bit nervous.




The following is Morgan's note to Kellie this morning describing last evening's events.

Kellie--Just wanted to share the most amazing moment in my life which was my baptism last night. There were over 200 people standing on the beach. Over 110 were getting baptised. 4 pastors in the water. Sal and I were allowed to get baptised together. Right at the moments when we were about to walk out into the water the sun came out from behind the clouds right above the water. As I walked up to Pastor Harry I said "look I got the perfect sunset!". He put his hands on my shoulders, looked me in the eyes and said "That's God smilin' down on you right now." He asked us if we believed that Jesus died on the cross for us.... do you believe that he rose three days later.....do you promise to honor and emulate Him in everything you do.....do you promise to walk with Him forever and ever.........then with one hand pointing to the sky and the other on my back, my Pastor said "With these promises to made to the God most high, I baptise you in the name of Jesus Christ almighty" and under the water I went, with Sal right next to me by the other Pastor. When we came out, Pastor Harry gave us a big hug and said 'Congratulations!'

It was postcard perfect. I think only being baptised in the Jordan river would have been more perfect! AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING. Standing on the beach waiting for my turn, staring at the sunset, I was hit with this HUGE feeling that all of this, everything we've been thru the past four years, lead to this moment. I believe that moving out here, finding this church, finding Christ (again) and having a true relationship with Him and then getting baptised was and is what it's been all about. Strange how it took San Diego to make it happen. For always, this will be a magical city for me.

Just had to share! Morgan

Morgan said it all. It was a perfect evening, and I am so happy that Morgan and I were allowed to go out to Pastor Harry and Pastor Bill, together. That just made it much more special.

If you would have told me a couple of years ago that I would be Baptised, with Morgan, in the Pacific Ocean, I would have told you that you were crazy. Well last night, that crazy turned int reality, and I would not have changed a thing.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

That brought tears to my eyes. Yes, two years ago you would have said a lot of things were crazy that now you are seeing how the Lord is moving in your life. Beautiful.... wonderful... what a blessing!!!

Gretchen said...

I have goose bumps!!!
My brother also 'found God' in San Diego (all the way from NC too), and rededicated his life to Him after running for awhile.
There are some pretty amazing churches in that area (I visited the Flood) and the Lord is doing an awesome work!

I rejoice with you both!!!