Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Anniversary.....

Only a couple of hours before Cassie and I trek off to the airport to pick up Morgan. Her flight arrives at 6pm, but then she needs to get her luggage, so who knows when she will be "ready". Luckily, the airport here in SD has a "cell phone lot", where you can sit and park and wait for the person you are picking up to call you. That way no going round and round the airport (like RDU), or waiting for security to threaten you and chase you off. :-)

Today is also our 17th wedding anniversary. We have had way more ups than downs over the time, and I love her more and more each and every day. I am a lucky man.

My Monday and Thursday nights are now filled up for the fall time with classes / small groups through church. On Mondays, I will be taking the "New Believers Guide to the Bible" class. Morgan took the class in the springtime and really enjoyed it. Then on Thursday evenings, Morgan and I will be joining a small group hosted by a couple we have become friendly with, Tony & Elise. We met them at a marriage workshop in March, and see them every Saturday night at church. They also came to the beach to watch us, and others being Baptized. We will be reading and discussing Intimacy Ignited, which is based off the Song of Solomon.

That's it. Lazy day, and I'm tired because I played games with some Geezers until 2am, and my body does not like me right now. :-)

- These Hurricane Hunters are nuts.
- Final month of baseball. Will the Rays hold on?
- ESPN's Presidential Fantasy League.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Happy Anniversary, to both of you!! :)

We are beginning a new study in Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon in Sunday School in a couple of weeks. I am excited about that. I am so happy to hear you are doing those classes!!! :)

You aren't a spring chicken any more than I am, you know. lol