Sunday, August 17, 2008

team effort.....


Above is the winning team from Pacific Swim in the 200m Relay Medley from this mornings event here in San Diego. Cassie swam the third leg (butterfly), and they had a great swim by their anchorgirl in the freestyle, and won the race by 1 second. The girls were very excited, and so were we. It was nice to see them work together.

Cassie did not want to swim a relay when first asked, and Morgan and I are not sure why. She gets along with all the girls, but I just think she is a little worried she will let them down, or possibly "lose" the race. In the end, the coach placed her on the team, she did great, and had a wonderful experience.

Cassie's team now takes the next three weeks off for a "rest" period. Although it is not a true rest period, as Cassie was asked by her coach to swim the La Jolla Rough Water Swim event the first week of September. Basically, "rough water" means an ocean swimming event. She has never done that before, but was excited to be asked, and is looking forward to it.

Can I just say that it must be the beard that makes me look fat faced in the pictures from yesterday. Now, that was only three months after my knee surgery, but boy, did I look heavy!

Only a couple more hours until we head to the beach for a picnic dinner before our Baptism. I'm starting to get some butterflies. I will give Cassie the small camera, and hope she is able to get some pictures of Morgan and myself. Pastor Harry said last night that there are over 80 of us signed up, but I will not be surprised if the number goes over 100 by the time the evening ends.

Last night started the "new year" for the church, and this upcoming year the sermons will be centered on us getting to know the Bible better. This will be accomplished by us starting at the beginning and going through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Morgan and I don't know if we will be here for the upcoming year of sermons, but if we do leave here, we will be able to follow all the sermons and the church each week. We have always said that leaving CRB will be the toughest part of leaving San Diego, but we will not have to "leave" them. The church produces a DVD of each week's sermon. So, for $5 a week (plus the envelopes and postage I will provide) we will be able to stay in "contact" with CRB, and hear Pastor Harry's weekly message. Personally, I think we would keep getting the DVDs, even after finding a church in NC, as CRB will always have a special place with us.

- So Ben Stiller beats Batman.
- Curt talks a lot, but he knew how to pitch.
- Step right up and get your flu shot.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Way to go, Cassie!! I am so proud of her! I can't swim well in a pool... let alone the ocean!!

I have prayed for you and Morgan today as you take this next step of baptism. I have been so excited for you both. I can't wait to see the pics.

That is wonderful that you will still be able to stay in touch with your church once you move back. I am excited to hear the new messages will go through the Bible!! The Lord had already laid on my heart that Genesis would be the next place for you to begin reading once you finished Acts and Romans. God is good!! :)

Love you all....