Tuesday, August 19, 2008

new year.....

Not a real New Year, but a new school year for Cassie. Today she started the fifth grade. Time sure does fly by, and it has been these school years, and not my birthdays that make me feel old. I can't have a 5th grader? Well, yes I do. :-)

She had a good first day of class. She likes her new teacher (not as much as her 2nd grade teacher), and has some friends are also in her class. My problem came when she mentioned that there were 31 kids in the class. She is a good student, and shouldn't get lost in the mix, as Morgan and I will stay on top of her to make sure she is understanding everything and getting everything needed done.

I just caught up with Chris' comments from my response about the energy/financial situations that I discussed over a couple of posts. I understand where he is coming from with this mess we are in hurting the "regular / do it the right way" person or families, as was illustrated by his mention that the housing and credit mess are causing good applicants to jump through more hoops to get a loan. I totally agree that good people are getting caught in the tentacles of others' messes.

As for the energy question, I think we have decided to agree to disagree. :-)

A client e-mailed me to ask if I would be interested in handled the accounting for a preschool back in NC. It is part of a church (like it is at Macedonia Baptist, where Cassie attended), but run separately, and the person doing the books just left, but also was doing them poorly. My client would act as the bookkeeper and handle the day-to-day operations, with me putting together monthly payroll and financial reports, along with their year end information. She is going to get back to me after relaying my ideas and questions to the leaders of the school.

Otherwise, all is quiet here in the west. Morgan is gearing up for he trip to Ireland that starts on Friday, and we should be getting a graded lot and foundation soon. We hope.

- Ayyy! It's the Fonz.
- Swimming is over, but you still should watch.
- I loved watching the Banana Splits as a kid.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm cool with that, Sal. :)

Good talking with you about it!

Kellie said...

Ahh.... I smiled when you said Cassie liked her teacher... but not as much as her second grade teacher. hee hee :) Glad she had a great first day!

I forgot Morgan is going to IRELAND!!! May I just say I'm jealous at this moment. But, it's her birthday so I'll be nice. lol :)