Wednesday, August 27, 2008

drafty.....

Morgan said that most of today was spent in the bus, as they toured and did sight-seeing of the Ireland coast. She finally mentioned that the camera works well, and is easy, so she has taken many pictures. That means lots of editing by me next week. ;-)

I have been listening to little bits of her show in the morning, and let's just say they miss her. I'm not going to beat a dead horse (well, yes I am), but if you are in the information section of entertainment, it would be nice if you thought about looking at the front page of the paper, and maybe had an idea of a current event.

Hillary Clinton did not self-combust on stage last night (I normally do not care what one wears, but the orange suit must go), but tonight we get to see former President, Bill Clinton, make his speech while grinding his teeth the whole time. It should be fun. Actually, between the former President, Democratic VP nominee Joe Biden, and New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, it is three gentlemen I like to hear speak or debate topics (although I don't usually agree with them on many points), but under this partisan setting, I will be fast-forwarding through the dvr.

Almost time for my first Fantasy Football draft of the season, so I need to wrap up. It is with some of my Geezer buddies from the Chicago area. There will be twelve of us playing in this one, and I have the 6th overall pick. Picking in the middle means I will have to think. I hate that. :-)

The other two I am in are "auto-drafts", so that means we don't meet live in a chat room and make our picks, but instead make a list in order, and the computer takes care of the drafting. One is with other Geezers, and the last one is with my high school buddies.

I see my friends in NC got a bunch of wet and dangerous weather. Hope everyone is OK, and I hope everyone got rain. I know it sounds crazy, but I miss weather.

- Guess we will find out if Michael Phelps is funny.
- Newest Nikon camera. Know Casey is looking.....
- Tampa Bay Rays help battle prostate cancer. Hooray for them!

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

We are OK where we are, but we definitely got a good bit of rain today. It was DARK around here at 10:00 this morning. We had tornado watches out till late this afternoon. We are thankful for the rain, though. Of course, I am sure this rain has put y'all's footings behind. I went last Friday to check it out and nothing had been done yet so I'll go back this weekend. :)

Glad Morgan's camera is working. :)

I am sure that show is missing her. They may not realize it, but I am sure the listeners are. :)

Unknown said...

Actually I am looking at this one... http://nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-SLR/25444/D700.html
Have to see how good my CC discount it first though...and pay some bills :)
Glad Morgan is having a good time, can't wait to see the pics. I would love to visit there some day.