Saturday, August 9, 2008

camp girl.....

Cassie returned from camp late this morning. She had a great week, and enjoyed all the different activities they had them doing while they were there. Between the rock climbing, crafts, swimming, games, worship session, etc., they seemed to be non-stop all week long. I'm real happy that she likes these times away at camp. I think they are good for her, and all kids, to be away from mom and dad, and have fun experiences.

Morgan and I needed to "sand blast" her, and her stuff when she did get back home, but other than that, she was pretty much bug bite free, and didn't have any cuts or scrapes from all her outdoor fun.

The lot of our new house being build was cleared on Thursday. Kellie was nice enough to take some "before and after" pictures for us. (Casey, you are also more than welcome to do the same.) This was the first I had seen of the lot, and it looks fine, and I am really glad that there are still plenty of trees to be standing around the house. Only a little more than six weeks before Morgan arrives to see the framed house and pick out the "insides" of the home.

After I finished posting my entry on Thursday, I did update all of my income tax worksheets. I now have a generic one for all clients, along with one for clients that have a side business, and another for clients with a rental property. I think these should be pretty good templates that will last quite a while, with only some "tweaking" for different items that might be new or have changed for that particular tax year.

Between the updated worksheets and the scanning, then shredding of all client documents, I feel pretty good about getting caught up with that "administrative" work. Now, I can just take care of client work, and when I get free time, not worry about completing those projects.

Morgan and I were discussing the John Edwards' affair, and there just seems to be pieces missing. First, I find it funny, well actually pathetic, that this "admission" was well orchestrated. Following politics these past year, and especially this past month, much was said about a "news vacation" when the Olympics started. That is the reason Barack Obama is vacationing in Hawaii this week, and John McCain has no real news making events planned. The US and the world would be watching the Olympics, not politics. So when does this "confession interview" occur, but the night of the Opening Ceremonies, with the hopes that it will be forgotten by Monday morning.

A point of question, starts with the story of the Dallas attorney paying to move this woman, Rielle Hunter, and another Edwards' staff worker, Andrew Young (who claims to be the baby's father) from Chapel Hill because the "press were hounding them". I have a feeling this story will have legs, as there is something very strange about this payment arrangement.

Another couple of pieces that bothered us comes from Elizabeth Edwards' statement, which she asks for privacy at this time as they go through this terrible ordeal. The problem is that earlier in the statement she says she has known about this since 2006. Well, that was two years ago, and if she was willing to forgive him, and then campaign "side by side" for the Democratic Nomination with him for almost a year (I know this "stand by your man" irks Morgan something awful), I would think this would be a "water under the bridge" event, and it coming out, while a nuisance, really should not effect the family at this time. Aren't they "over it"? Or maybe, she really did not know about it until a much shorter time ago?

The other piece of the statement that bother me was her saying that "This was our private matter, and I frankly wanted it to be private because as painful as it was I did not want to have to play it out on a public stage as well". Um, excuse me, but you were out there campaigning with him for the Presidency of the United States! You have no privacy when deciding to run for President. This was bound to come out in the public.

Ugh! Well that's enough of my ranting on this. I like watching politics, but I hate politics. I may not like your views, or agree with your politics, but stand up straight, tell me the truth, leave nothing in the closet, and let me decide. Tell me things I don't want to hear. I'm a big boy. It's OK. I may not vote for you, but I will respect you. Smarmy and hiding things, gets you on the bottom of my list.

- Did not know Bernie was ill. Funny in the Ocean movies.
- Anyone know about the Jets getting a new quarterback? :-)

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Glad Cassie had a great time!!

Good for you for getting those administrative tasks done. :)

WOW... I just love those lot pictures. I'm going back tomorrow to see if they finished clearing it. :)

The whole John Edwards thing has been interesting. I haven't looked as closely at it as you have since school is in its full force, but your comments are making me think something is strange, too. Hmmm.... gonna have to go read up on that.

Morgan said...

I love to "stand by MY man"-- but it does annoy me when these politicians wives "stand by their man" and paste on these fakey-fake smiles and support the man who just cheated on you and now is going to drag you and your family thru the media scrutiny, but b/c your husband is a politician, you have to be the dutiful wife. blech.....I can't wait til the day comes when one of these wives grabs that microphone during the tell-all press conference and say "Uh, I'm sorry, but you cheated on the wrong woman! Here are your suitcases, some cabfare and a Google map to your girlfriends' apartment. I hope you two are very happy" I for one would give her a big ol' "You go, girl!"

Clearly, I haven't mastered the "forgiveness" chapter in my bible studies just yet...... : )

Kellie said...

AHAHAAHHAAA, Morgan!!!!!! You GO girl... I agree wholeheartedly. You know they are only doing it for the "show".... wonder what it is like behind closed doors. I am sure the pasted smile is gone!