Tuesday, August 26, 2008

dog and pony show.....

Morgan had another nice day today in Ireland. It is funny that with the eight hour time difference that when she is "ending" her day and getting ready for dinner, I am just having my breakfast. I hope she has been taking pictures.

We have the Democratic National Convention going on in Denver this week, and next week the Republicans invade Minneapolis. You would think for the political "junk" I follow I would watch the conventions, but for the last few cycles, I really have not. Now, I will watch tonight to see if Hillary Clinton self-combusts while saying nice things about Barack Obama, but otherwise unless it rains Thursday night while Obama gives his speech outside at Invesco Field, this will be an uneventful event.

Same goes for the Republicans. Saturday we will be finding out John McCain's running mate (sure to be Mitt Romney, but a "curveball" would be nice), and then it will be a "by the script" four day convention. Only real "news" will be how much the party distances itself from President Bush, but other than that, no real news. A Labor Day two foot snowfall in Minnesota would be the only way to make the RNC party interesting.

Then it will be less than a 60 day sprint to the November 4th election.

Thursday evening I have "back to school night". The teacher that Cassie has was pretty good in sending home notes last week on what to expect this year, so I'm not sure what to expect.

On Friday Cassie starts her "rough water" swim practices. She will have four before the event on Sunday, September 7th. It is about 20 miles from the house, so I will need to stick around while she practices. Guess I can get caught up on my readings.

- History of Superman
- Now baseball will have instant replay for certain plays.
- Just what I need. A SportsCenter website.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I'm so glad Morgan is having a great time. Can't wait to see pics!

We aren't watching the conventions, either... let me know if Hillary self-combusts. lol :)