Saturday, August 30, 2008

eye of the storms.....

As I am writing this, Morgan should be getting her last night of sleep in Ireland. I was not able to check her in online, so she will need to do all of that at the airports tomorrow, but the way her travel schedule is, she will have plenty of time to do it. I can't wait to see her, and hear all about her trip.

Cassie just returned from a birthday party. It was for a girl she is in Girl Scouts with, and also goes to her school. They live over 20 miles away, but her mom teaches at their school, so I guess she gets to "bring" her child with her, instead of their neighborhood school. Cassie went with out neighbor and their family, so I was out of the loop on this one. Now, she needs to clean up for church.

So the Gulf of Mexico part of the country has Gustav bearing down on them, and then another storm, Hanna, making a strange path at this time that seems to take it due west and bring itself into the Gulf. When a storm gets into the Gulf, it has to hit something (unlike Atlantic hurricanes). I hope that they are incorrect about Hanna, and it turns north. Otherwise, I pray that these storms settle down and some to shore in deserted areas along the coast. That whole area is still getting its act together after Katrina in 2005, and does not need a repeat so soon.

The Republicans are supposed to have their convention next week, but it looks like there is a good possibility they will delay some or all of it a few days if Gustav does a tremendous amount of damage.

The other "storm" still revolves around John McCain's pick of Sarah Palin as his VP. People need to calm down. Let them have their convention (her speech is scheduled for Wednesday night), and get their feet on the ground. If the bar keeps getting lowered for her before she has a chance to do anything, it will be much easier for her to impress with her speech next week, as people will finally get to know a little about her, and may wonder what all the fuss was about.

I sent out a "summertime" email to my clients, and included a blurb about Morgan and I being Baptized, and also the link to the story about Morgan in San Diego Magazine. I received lots of nice feedback on both personal items, with Morgan's story getting many "That's amazing" comments.

- Guess there are people still wanting to hear John Edwards.
- Mr. Ocho Cinco?
- College Football's first weekend. Upsets already.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Glad Morgan is coming home. I know you are excited about seeing her!! Can't wait to hear all about her trip, too. :)

I've not watched the weather closely lately. I need to check out Hanna. I truly hope it doesn't go into the Gulf, either.