Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lego time.....

Went to Legoland and the new SeaLife Aquarium next door yesterday, and had a real nice time. Even though it is a young kids park, I really enjoy the Lego creations around the park. I'll will get all the pictures online later in a separate post.

Of course taking the whole day off yesterday meant that I would have 10 or so pieces of work waiting for me to do, after not hearing from anyone for a couple of days. It always happens that way, so today was a big "catch up" in the office. I expect a couple more tomorrow, then I should be all set for the month.

Had a conversation with an income tax client today about houses and rental homes. This year was his first as he got my name off the American Airlines message boards from another pilot from NC that is a client. This gentleman and his wife live up in LA. Anyway, after about a 10 minute conversation, that answered his questions, he stopped me from hanging up to tell me how much he appreciated me emailing him the other day after receiving his email (he had emailed me his questions, and I replied back that I would not be able to answer him until today), and that I took time with him on the phone to answer his questions, and did not try to rush him off. He said that was the reason he was looking for another accountant, because he last one seemed "bothered" to do his job. I thanked him for the nice words, but felt like I did nothing special, except did my job. I wonder if me just doing my job like it is supposed to be done is now considered "special". Thinking about it, it might be true, and also sad. Well, if bad customer service by another accountant gets me more clients, I'm OK with it.

BTW, yes, I did wander out of the house after 11:30 on Monday night to pick up my copy of Madden 2009. There were about 50 of us or so when the game went on sale at midnight. Of course being the "old man" that I am, by the time I got home I was too tired to play (really should have napped), but I did see and know enough through online sites to be able to speak about it on the air with Morgan on Tuesday morning.

Lego pictures, and plenty of them, to follow.

- Your Olympic stats and front page.
- Some Hybrid pricing competition.
- Cassie got to talk about the Jonas Brothers on the air today.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Make no doubt--you will always win with the better customer service! What were you and I just talking about yesterday? How impressed we were with AT&T and Verizons' customer service yesterday--in a day and age where companies don't care anymore--the one who takes the extra step will always be appreciated. It's the clients who DON'T appreciate your above and beyond service that peeves me off!

Kellie said...

OK... I was coming here to tell you how I know how good you are with customer service and how you value PEOPLE. Well, Morgan said it all so now I won't. lol :) Well said, Morgan!!