Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11.....

I was on my way to taking Cassie to preschool when I heard Morgan talking on the air about a lane hitting one of the Twin Towers. Being a New Yorker, I figured she was describing one of those small private planes (like a Cessna) you see all the time, and just figured they got off course, and did not know how to maneuver around those buildings. Then I heard it was a passenger jet. I went home confused, and turned on the television, and just watched in silence. Just like many of you.

For every September 11th that has passed, and today no different, I look back and always wonder, "did that really happen, here, on American soil"?

I don't know about you, but I get a funny feeling in my stomach whenever I see 9:11 on a clock. Strange, but true. For myself, and many others, it is our "Pearl Harbor". A day we will not forget.

September 11th is the reason I have the eagle and American Flag tattooed on my left leg. It is the reason I do get passionate about this country and about politics. It is the reason I always give a nod to a fireman, policeman, or military person when we cross paths.

To me, this date, along with July 4th, Veterans Day, and Memorial Day are the four most important dates for the people of this country as a whole.

Take the time to pray or think about what we have as a country. Think about all those innocent people who are gone, along with their innocent families who were made to suffer because of the events of that day. Pray that it never happens again.

- USA Today story of today's events.
- Photo Gallery of events from today.
- Other events highlighted by USA Today.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I agree... it is definitely our "Pearl Harbor" and I still sometimes can't believe it happened on US soil. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday and other times it seems a lifetime ago. May we never forget.