Monday, September 22, 2008

mile high ride.....


Here is a picture of the house from Sunday that Kellie was kind enough to take for us. We greatly appreciate it. They got a decent amount done in a week.

Yesterday we had a real nice ride with the church's motorcycle club, the Eternal Riders. At the same time, Morgan and Cassie went with the church's car club for their ride.

For our ride, we too the long, scenic route to the mountains, and made what would normally be a 45 mile ride, a 75 mile ride to the restaurant where we were to have lunch. It was a great weather day. Cool enough to enjoy the ride, but sunny enough to get some color on my arms.

At one point on the ride, we were in the east part of the county, and up at enough elevation (somewhere during the ride, we crossed the 5000 foot elevation sign) for the signs about not throwing snowballs were along the roadside. It was also the parts of the county that were effected by the 2003 and 2007 fires. It was very weird to see whole areas just burnt away.

For Morgan's ride, they drove a bunch of curvy roads in the northern part of the county, and ended up in Julian for their lunch. While eating, and after the church services were complete, Pastor Harry came up in his Camaro to join them on the rest of the trip. Morgan says he kept his car (which he and his son built) in immaculate condition.

Overall, a real nice day for all of us.

So, Chris (who I have been bantering back and forth with about the economy), and his wife, welcomed their second daughter to the family on Sunday morning. Congratulations.

He has a lot on his plate with the baby, but after quite a bit of reading, and looking at some different items, I am leaning more towards his opinion that we should not have done anything for any of these firms. Not there yet, as I believe Secretary Paulson is a good man to be in charge of this, but I am leaning. :-)

A quick goodbye to Yankee Stadium. They were never my favorite team, and the area of the city where the stadium is located, is, let's just say, not the best (neither is where Shea Stadium is located), but it was a great ballpark. Saw quite a few games there in the late 1970's and 1980's. In August 1992, Morgan and I saw U2 play there, and we got to walk on the field to get to our seats.

- So TV has a show to honor TV, and it is a terrible disaster?
- USA won Ryder Cup for first time since 1999, and Europe is angry.
- Jack White / Alicia Keys and the new James Bond song.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks for the mention! We're all at home and doing great. Just trying to transition the little booger from being a night owl--she was up nearly all night last night!

I am still learning as well. I've discovered that I could spend a lifetime getting degrees in economics and still not know everything there is to know! It's an interesting journey for me because I was raised with very different ideas from what I'm starting to believe now, the more I research it. Far different from my usual position--arguing and defending ideals I've held for years! :)