Friday, September 26, 2008

let it crumble.....

If I see any more on television about this arguing concerning this "bailout" mess, I am going to lose it. The last straw for me was the lobbyist for the financial institutions complaining about the provision in the bill for a "cap on executive compensation". One actually said that the government should not be determining anyone's pay. Excuse me! You are lucky they weren't all rounded up and thrown in jail. Their salary should be the least of their concerns.

So, I say no bailout, and if there is a way to "stop payment" on the AIG, and other payments from the past few weeks, do it. Yes, it will put a squeeze on lending (and I say this as we need to apply for a mortgage in six weeks), but I can't take this nonsense anymore. The people that caused this mess, and we are helping, want to take part in making the rules. Are you kidding me? Plus, both the Republicans and Democrats are getting their feathers up, and politicizing this whole thing.

The Republicans in the House are correct. Just let it go. I know that will not happen, and they will get something done, but only because they are afraid to go back to their voters with nothing, even if nothing might be the best solution.

Now, as for that house that I will need a mortgage on, Morgan has been in NC since Tuesday night, and been taking care of the different "build items" since Wednesday afternoon. She has gone to all the different vendors, and has picked out everything. I have also been on the phone with her and the builder concerning some different items, and I really think we got everything covered. Morgan even got to meet with the "trim finisher", and was able to design the closets with racks, shoe cubbies, and any other items she could think of to make it functional.

Now that it is all framed, the other parts are starting to fall into place. Morgan said the windows were being delivered and installed today. I knew they were doing something, because I could never hear her today when we spoke.

An update on the small claims case that Morgan handled on Wednesday morning. She won the case, and it was pretty "cut and dry", but the homeowner was not a happy man, and left the courtroom pretty angry. The inspector provided a note to us as the inspector, and as a general contractor, and noted the house as not well maintained, and "average at best". That did not go over well.

Unfortunately for us, in North Carolina you can appeal a small claims verdict. So it is possible, we may have to go through all of this one more time. The judge told him the contract was solid, and we followed all the correct procedures, so I hope he thinks about it before we have to go forward, and waste more time, and money.

Governor Palin looked terrible last night in the CBS interview with Katie Couric. She seems nervous and not sure of herself. Not the same person we were introduced to four weeks ago. I really believe they did her a disservice by "hiding / shielding" her from the press. They got the stories they wanted by "invading" Alaska, and the whole time made her duck away from any questions. When finally in front of the press, I believe she has lost some of her confidence, and her outgoingness because she was thinking too much about not making a mistake when speaking, which caused her to make mistakes. Those are only amplified now with the election less than 6 weeks away.

First Presidential Debate is tonight. With it being on a Friday night, I really do wonder how many people will be watching, and how many are going to base their judgement off of soundbites, pundits, and the recap in their Sunday papers (for those that still read one).

- I would not "fly" this way, but very cool.
- More Rock Band 2 "love".
- A wild final weekend for baseball. Will the Mets collapse again?

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Chris said...

Welcome to my world.

The debates were awful. Neither of them gave us a very clear picture of how they differed from the other guy. Neither of them are very qualified to handle foreign policy, and I was not impressed at all by the impromptu economic talk at the beginning.

I couldn't possibly conceive of voting for Obama with his increases in taxes on businesses and the rich--I hate the class warfare politics and where does he think business owners will get the money to pay those increased taxes? I'm quickly coming to the point where can't conceive of voting for McCain either--seems like he wants to start wars with every aggressor nation out there and still refused to come right out and say we need to pull the billions we're sending in ridiculous foreign aid to countries that hate us!

On to the VP debate, I guess. Maybe that will go a little better. If nothing else, it should be entertaining with Big-Mouth Joe up there.

So, Bob Barr or Chuck Baldwin...?