Tuesday, September 23, 2008

making a house.....

Morgan is off to NC to do a walk-through of the framed house, and then visit the various places to get all of the "stuff" (fixtures, faucets, tile, carpeting, granite tops, etc.) picked out for the builder to order and start completing the build.

I miss her already. For a family that likes to be together, we sure seem to spend much time apart. Hopefully that will be fixed in the near future.

I handed her three drawings (loose interpretation) of how I wanted some ethernet wiring to have a central point in my office closet, and then the layout of where I wanted the cable, phones, etc. in the rest of the house.

Before she gets to have that fun, she must first waste a morning in small claims court. She was upset about it, but we decided we are not going to let this effect what the trip is for, and that is completing our new home. Our real estate agent, Debbie, is equally and nervous and upset about this situation. Nothing going to get better by being nervous, and it should all be over by 11am tomorrow morning.

Cassie and I have a pretty quiet week while we are on our own. Just swim practice, and a Girl Scouts meeting that happens this afternoon. My small group is not even meeting this Thursday, as three of the five couples have someone that was going to miss the night, so we just postponed the class for a week.

Last night started my New Believers Guide to the Bible class. Morgan took the class in the springtime, and loved it. The teacher, Dennis, is a very nice fellow, and really helps explain things in an easy fashion.

As I said, quiet. Think I will get a thing or two done before heading over to get Cassie.

- A Google phone. More iPhone competition.
- "Hootie" is a country star, and a real nice guy. (So says Morgan who has interviewed him)
- I loved School House Rock as a kid.

Until the next time.....

No comments: