Monday, September 29, 2008

no bailout.....

As flipped on the television in the kitchen while grabbing some breakfast, I was amazed to see the vote on the bailout being knocked down in pretty dramatic fashion. You need 218 votes to pass a bill, and the final tally had 228 against the measure. There were 133 Republicans and 95 Democrats that voted against it. Now how many did that so they could tell their constituents (all are up for re-election come November 4th) that they were "looking out for them", and how many were really against it, we will never know, but it seems some of the House Republicans (13, I think spoke up after the vote) were a little miffed at Speaker Pelosi for her last minute bashing of the Bush Administration and Republicans in her remarks on the House floor before the vote occurred. I think that was a bit ridiculous, but I did hear her remarks, and even though they should have been expected, she really should have thought, kept her mouth closed, and kept the remarks for after the vote. Not a good move on her part to give any fore to the other side.

So now what? Well the market took a beating, but also seemed a bit cautious, and I think is waiting to see what happens Thursday and Friday, when this is brought back up for a vote. I think at that time, there will be enough arm twisting to get it to pass.

As for our two Presidential nominees, at least John McCain stated this weekend, that he wanted to see the bill pass (your opinion on if that is good or not may vary), which was not the popular opinion. It wasn't a strong endorsement, but it was an endorsement. Senator Obama decided to not say anything. He took a "wait and see" approach, which to me means, "I don't want to say anything that might cost me votes". If he wants to be a leader, he needs to act like one, and that even includes times were you lead, and may be wrong.

Morgan returned yesterday from North Carolina, and taking care of all the house details. She says it was a tiring week, but she is very excited about everything. Everything down to where light switches will be placed has been marked, and is ready to go. Morgan even asked our builder, Preston, if he thinks it might be done earlier then our January 9th date. He is not sure, but it would be nice if all went smoothly, and we could get it as a Christmas or New Years present.

Speaking of that, I would not normally do this, and I know it has all been laid out by God, but Morgan will be speaking with her bosses starting on Thursday about moving back east. A few good thoughts and prayers for this to work out with our early return east, would be appreciated. Again, thank you in advance.

Have the second of my Bible guide classes tonight. The Essential Bible Companion is the book we are using as our outline guide for the class. After last week's discussion, I do want to pick up Message Bible to help supplement my readings, and for another understanding of what I am reading.

- 24 hours with no XBOX Live. The horror.
- Yes, The Boss plays the Super Bowl.
- Not the way to close Shea Stadium.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Oh, I'll be a prayin' for y'all to get back here sooner... yep. :)

This week has been one of ups and major downs. I don't understand it all, but just keep giving it to the Lord. He holds us all!

LOVE the pictures of Ireland, too. I feel pretty behind because of all I have had going on this week.

I'll get back to taking pictures of the house since Morgan is back home. :)