Wednesday, September 10, 2008

virtual office.....

Here is the news release from the CMAs the award nomination for Morgan and her show (Cliff and Company). As always, I am very proud of her.

The Carolina Hurricanes finally unveiled off their new "third or alternate" jersey. It is black, and has the hurricane warning flag as the emblem. I really like it, and actually hope they eventually adopt it as their "color" uniform. The red uniform they now wear always looks like pajamas to Morgan and me.

I received a call from my tax software company. They were calling to inform me that they were rolling out a new way to use their product, and my salesperson thought of me as a perfect candidate for trying it out. Instead of purchasing the software and keeping all the files on my computer (as I now do), I would lease the software and all of the programs and my files would be on their servers. Other accountants already do something similar with them, but on a product by product basis.

At first I was not sure, but then we spoke about not needing to back up client files, and the lease being "open", so for me it would actually open up all of their software, not just the pieces I currently use. On top of that, it also includes "virtual" Microsoft Office. So basically all the program I use everyday could be accessed by be from any computer that had an Internet connection. Best of all, it would cut my annual software cost in half.

I checked with other accountants that use VO, by posting a note on our bulletin board (under the guise that I was going to purchase it like they have), and I did not get one negative response.

It will not start until after next tax season ends, which I was a little bummed about, but I told my salesperson that if they decide to start this early, to please let me know.

JediChric noted yesterday that Liberals were ticking him off with the Sarah Palin can't be a mommy and VP talk. I understand his frustration, and I think many women are even more frustrated by this talk. I say, let them spout off, as there is no way they can win this argument.

He also posted in his blog today the "hoopla" concerning Senator Obama and his use of the "lipstick on a pig" reference. I have seen this clip 20+ times today on the news, and I do not take it like it was directed at Governor Palin. But, if you watch the clip, the partisan crowd sure did, as they were giving the line a standing ovation before it fully left his mouth.

Though, I'm going to call the McCain campaign to task for their "fake outrage". I don't want to see a non-story be played up as though Governor Palin was the victim (they even have a "web ad" out). Let it go, otherwise you risk the public getting "tuned out" if and when they do slip up and say something stupid. Like I'm told as a parent to my child, "Learn to pick your battles". This is one I encourage the McCain campaign to leave alone. Education (which Obama spoke about on Tuesday), energy, the economy, and taxes are the battles that need your attention. Not lipstick.

Governor Palin seems to have her own issue that needs to be cleared up, and that is concerning her travel per diems that were charged to Alaska. I had read that she spends most of her time working from her hometown, and only travels to Juneau when necessary. The amount or 2007 was about $93K, which is less than the $463K spend on travel by her predecessor in the Governor's mansion, but this will need to be cleared up. It could be all OK, but I would like to know one way or the other.

- Anne Hathaway needs to Google her next boyfriend.
- The other CMA nominees.
- Still one hockey player older than I am.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Yahoo for Morgan!! :)

Those new jerseys are kinda cool...

That server sounds great for your needs. Hopefully they can get it going quicker. :)

Morgan said...

Oh I like those new jerseys....

I got the biggest giggle out of JediChrics' comment about the whining about Palin. It amazing--- no one would say 1/2 the things they are saying about Palin, if she were a guy. Sexism--alive and well in the country!

And your new software means you can work from anywhere?! Yay! Now you to work ALLLLL the time. (that's sarcasm, darlin')