Monday, January 21, 2008

Baby Girl.....

So, I get a text message from my buddy Casey, timed at midnight Pacific saying, "Having a baby :)". Knowing that his wife's due date was a month away, and because of the football games earlier, I thought he was sending some kind of joke. Uh, no joke.

At 12:16pm, Casey and Heather welcomed a 7.2lb, 19" beautiful baby girl. I guess Baby (no name yet) was in a hurry to see her mommy and daddy, or wants to see history with her daddy, and watch the Patriots in the Super Bowl together instead of just hearing it through mommy's belly. :-)

Seriously, we are praying for them as they start their lives as a family.

On the other side of the coin, while Morgan and I were watching the games yesterday, we noticed that our oldest cat, Leo (will be 17 in April) was having a problem walking and was a bit wobbly. Later in the evening, Morgan actually saw him falling down while trying to walk around. He seemed OK, but just a little out of sorts. Well, Morgan woke me at 2:30am to tell me that he was not able to stand up while watching her get ready for work in the bathroom. I eventually brought him on the bed, and he slept with me the rest of the night. I took him to the vet, and there is nothing we can really do at this point. Neither Morgan or I want to give him extra medicine, as he does not do well with medicine. So, the vet has left it up to us to monitor him, and see how well he is doing, and his quality of life. :-(

If we lose him, that will take us from four cats to one cat in less than a year. The youngest cat, Casper, is about ten years old and in good health. He is also very good on his own, and keeps himself entertained, but sometimes is a little too curious for his own good.

Now, back to good news, as the Hurricanes beat the New York Islanders 3-2 in overtime. The Canes were down 2-0 entering the third period, but got goals from two defensemen (Mike Commodore, & Niclas Wallin) to tie it up before Cory Stillman won it in the extra session. They turn around and play in Raleigh tomorrow night. Let's hope the boys can make it three in a row.

Again, congratulations to my friend Casey and his wife Heather on the birth on Baby (no name yet).

Until the next time.....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sal, I am so sorry to hear your kitty is having so much trouble.
Thanks for the blog post too :)

Kellie said...

I hate to hear that about Leo....

Steve thought the 'Canes played last night but couldn't find it on TV... guess it was not on. lol :) Glad they won, though!!

Sal Cartusciello said...

The Canes played at 1pm in the afternoon. Tonight is a 7pm start.

Kellie said...

OH! lol... no wonder he couldn't find it on TV last night... DUH! It is all of that wood he's been cutting... lol

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Sal, hate to hear that about your cat. Having been through it, I know it's not an easy decision.

Enjoying the blog!