Wednesday, January 16, 2008

rocking.....

I see from the comments section that my friends Kellie and Casey are discussing photography. I need to keep an eye on their comments, and I might just learn something. They are the two people most influential in me even having a camera.

Casey is worried that Morgan will not speak to him if the Patriots win on Sunday. :-) I am staying out of this, but leaning towards my wife, because, well, she's my wife. :-) One of the two will get "bragging rights" for a few text messages. We will be a couple of hours behind in watching the game because Morgan flies in from Memphis Sunday morning, so we probably won't start watching until 2pm or so, our time. That will mean no answering phones or text messages.

Only thing I know is that everybody better have their longjohns. Looks like the east coast is getting some "winter" this weekend, and neither Green Bay (which is a night game!), nor Foxboro are supposed to be above 15 degrees. Good thing the game in Green Bay is not Sunday, it is supposed to be a high of 4 degrees that day.

Work is just a steady stream of trying to stay above water these next 4 weeks. As I said in prior posts, this time of year, I have 4 or 5 different things types of work needed to get done, and I always feel like I am running in place. At least I feel better, so that should help me catch up by the weekend.

I have put in some papers about an existing tax practice in the LA area. Seems the owner is ill, and trying to sell before tax season gets going. I am hesitant about it, but I figured I can "throw something out there" and see what they say. It is about 150 income tax clients.

It seems I have a new business client in NC. It is a friend of another business client, and they have a similar set up. He has been in "business" since 2005, but really is only getting started right now. But 2005 & 2006 are a little bit of a mess. A small mess, but still a mess. Being cross country is not a problem with business clients that are already set up, but for someone new, and having to backtrack a couple of years will mean some patience. Luckily, this gentleman seemed not to mind the extra "lifting" to get him on track.

So now we have two XBOX Live Gold members in the house. Morgan has been enjoying Rock Band so much, that in order to play online with my friends, I have to upgrade her membership. This of course upset Cassie, who also wants to play with Mr. Furgus (Casey), Jeeps and Bun-Bun. This is the hard part of being an only child who always does things with mommy and daddy. She just doesn't "get" that she can't do everything with us.

Anyway, we got together with a couple of my friends, and rocked for about 90 minutes. Ninety loud minutes, as it seems we kept my precious daughter awake. That should be a great excuse in school tomorrow. "My mom and dad were playing Rock Band all night". We had a blast. Playing online is always amazing when you think of the technology. Tonight we were in San Diego (Morgan singing and me on guitar), while McJeepers was in Orlando playing drums, and BunBun was in Tennessee playing bass guitar. Lots of fun!

What was not fun was the Hurricanes losing to the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4. With the Atlanta Thrashers winning, the Canes are no longer in first place in the division. I know they have injuries and illness (A bunch have the flu. Hey guys, ever hear of a flu shot?), but somebody needs to step up and put the team on their back. I'm talking about Eric Staal or Cam Ward. They both have healthy contracts for being stars. Stars carry their team when it needs a lift.

Well, that's it. Should have been in bed an hour ago.

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Y'all are having a good ole time with that Rock band stuff...lol Hate I am missing that one. Are you ever on vocals my dear Sal???

Hey...tell Morgan if the Patriots win (or whoever it is she wants to win doesn't win) that I'll try not to rub it in. LOL... Like I even know what is going on with it all. :)

Unknown said...

You know me, I won't rub it in IF the Chargers win. I hate it when people do it to me, so I don't do it. What goes around comes around :)
So what is Morgan's GT? Think she will get in some COD with us? :P
BTW thanks to you, I am trying to update my blog once a week, and thanks to Kellie, I am going to try and take one picture worth posting a day....maybe tomorrow I can post some snow pictures.

Kellie said...

Way to go, Casey! I look forward to seeing your pics. I'll have to save your link in my favorite places. We HOPE we get some snow, huh? I'd love some snow pics that is for sure...

McJeepers said...

Oh we were rocking it Sal....oh yes we were. Sal's not one for vocals, but Morgan sure was :-)