Monday, January 21, 2008

Morgan's home.....

Morgan finally got home today around 1:30pm. She was tired and beat, so by the time she unpacked and showered we just sat and watched the games on the couch. Really did not get to talk too much except she had a nice time, and liked traveling with Tori from work. Sometimes you just don't know if you will like traveling with someone, but it was fine.

I don't like when she travels because the flights take a lot out of her (like anyone else), and with her having to get up early to go back to work, I just gave her some quick shots of what went on while she was gone, and we did not get to talk much about Saturday night at church. I'm sure we will when she get her legs back under her.

It did not help Morgan that the Chargers lost to the Patriots 21-12 for the AFC Championship. The Chargers had their chances, but were only able to get field goals instead of touchdowns. Hats off to the Patriots, and they get one step closer to history, and will face the New York Giants in two weeks at the Super Bowl. The Giants beat the Green Bay Packers 23-20 in overtime, in a game that was played in below zero weather. Both games were good games, so as a football fan, it was nice to see good, tough football being played for the right to make it to the Super Bowl.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, I will now completely abuse the ability to link items in this blog. This will be especially true after tax season when I will find articles and other items to rant about.

They did not get any real snow in NC, so those great snow pictures I was expecting from Casey and Kellie will have to wait.

We are supposed to get some rain and cooler weather (in the 50s) Monday night and Tuesday. Seems like, so far this winter has been "normal" for the area. Meaning we have had about 3 or 4 inches. That is good, because the last weather year only had a little over two inches for the entire 12 months.

Won't have much work on my desk because there is no mail tomorrow, but I have a couple of items I need to finish. I hope to get them done before we go out to a place for brunch. The place we are going is called the Marine Room, and it is in La Jolla right on the water. I can't remember how Morgan got the certificate for us to go, but I am sure it was through work. I am setting my camera out so I can get some pictures.

My mother called to tell me they got back from her cruise. In the spirit of "what can go wrong, will", she said she had a nice time, but I can't really believe her. My stepfather, Lou, was depressed because of his CT Scan and further test on his throat problem. On top of that, the problem causes him to snore, then gag, so he could not sleep, and my mother had to get earplugs to try to sleep. On the second day, they had to rush her best friend off the boat because of internal bleeding. She stayed in a St. Martin's hospital the whole time, and was just put on a plane to go back to a Pennsylvania hospital today, and they still do not know what is wrong with her. My mom just can't catch a break.

Also, I just found out my brother, Chris, will be home for a few days under doctor's orders because of a pinched nerve in the neck. They think there might be a bone spur causing the problem. Neck pain is no fun, and I feel for him. Ugh!

I hope the upcoming week will be better, than the last few hours of this Sunday.

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I am very glad Morgan is home safe and sound.

Sorry about the Chargers... Steve was quite bummed, too, but I will have to say that is impressive what the Patriots are doing.

You are cracking me up with your links...

Have a wonderful time at brunch!! It sounds really good! :)

Morgan said...

Dang Patriots.......

Kellie said...

Morgan... is that bitterness I am seeing through this computer screen??????

Unknown said...

You love the Pats :) Maybe the babies name will be Tomwesjrrandyteddymike gavette lol!