Wednesday, January 16, 2008

buyer beware.....

So, I just found an e-mail from the business broker giving me the contact information for that LA tax practice I was interested in acquiring. It is only the first step, but it's a step. I can't say too much because of confidentiality, but the current owner's illness and a large decline in income from 2006 to 2007 will only have me offering to pay a percentage of the income collected over the next 3 years. If every client stayed, I would be paying more than the current asking price, but if every client stayed, I would be ecstatic, and not be worried about it.

To be honest, I think the fact that we are 125 miles apart, and my payment structure will not put me at the top of the list, and I understand that reasoning, but I can at least throw it out there and see what happens.

See that the comments section of my blog has become as social gathering. Maybe it will get as famous (or infamous) as MySpace. :-) We got Casey and Morgan trash talking about the game on Sunday, Casey and Kellie exchanging photography info. And just general merriment, all around.

Casey mentioned that because of me posting almost daily, that he was going to try to post more, and because Kellie always has a picture in her posts, he was going to try and take a picture worth posting each day.

Kellie always has great pictures, and Casey is also very good with the camera. I hope to really use mine more after tax season. I really have no excuses, and need to be better about it.

Thursday looks like snow or sleet in NC, so they should both get some nice pictures. I can't wait to see them.

Morgan is packing for her Memphis trip. I am really going to miss her. This will be our first time apart since we moved out here, but most of all I will just miss her. These past months have brought us closer than ever in our 17+ years together, and I really don't want to not see her for 4 days. :-(

Cassie is all signed up for her next swim meet on February 2nd & 3rd. She will have 3 different events on each of the days. She is steadily improving, and should do fine.

Besides swimming, she is also signed up for some tennis lessons through the school's afterschool activities program. She has also mentioned something about drama classes, and the guitar lessons through the church. Morgan and I try to keep the activities to two at a time, for Cassie's and our sanity. Hopefully after these "tryouts" she will decide what one or two things she wants to focus on.

Think I have gone on long enough. Did I mention that I will miss my wife?

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I will pray for Morgan to have a safe trip!! I know you will miss her. I always hate it when Steve is gone, too... (as you know so well. lol)

I am so glad your blog is a place for us all to chat. You are so good, Sal. :)

NO SNOW around here, though. :(