Friday, January 18, 2008

hey, an office.....

Figured that I am at the start of my busy season, so I might as well show you where I perform the "tax magic". There is a filing cabinet and a bookshelf with some supplies, but that is pretty much it. Laptop and an "all-in-one" printer is really all I need, along with the internet for my research and contact with clients. The bulletin board you see is also very important to me, as this is where I tack up a bunch of notes throughout the year, but especially tax season.

Also, I needed to get a picture up so I was not left out of the loop. :-)

I got in contact with the accountant to ask some questions, but it did not go well. My suspicion is that he is pretty ill, and not on top of everything. He returned my call after I left a message, and as I was asking questions, he wanted to know why I was asking questions. Seems he has five businesses at this time. I think I will make a retention only offer, and see if it flies. My fear is that he will not be much help to make this smooth, and that is a concern with such a short turn around before clients start sending information.

Did get in a quick ten mile ride as I went to the bank and office store this morning. Even though it was short, it was nice to get out and around on the bike.

Morgan is still at St. Jude's in Memphis, and I really miss her. She also sent a text saying she hates being away from home, Cassie and me. I feel the same way, as I am a big time "homebody". I like it just the three of us, at home, and the occasional time with friends for meals, or an event. I know that sounds "isolationist", but that is the way I feel. Add to it, that Cassie and I are by ourselves here in SD, and it's a bit lonely today.

Ugh! OK, need to get some work done, and get Cassie to swim practice. I have been running for about 45 minutes each day while Cassie practices, and it feels good. The afternoon weather is perfect for a run.

Also, just got a call from the broker, and I explained what happened with the other accountant. He said I was not the first to claim a bit of "orneriness". He wants me to make an offer. I think I will write-up a proposal that will have me pay him 50% of fees collected the first two years, and 20% the third and last year. We'll see what happens.

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Love your picture!! Being visual as I am, I like seeing where you are getting your work done. lol :)

I know you'll be glad when Morgan gets home. As I have said before... I would be the same way.

Nothing wrong with being a "home-body" as you are knowing one who is typing at this moment... lol

Glad you got to ride today. You are becoming such a Harley man... lol :)

Unknown said...

Why can't I click on your picture and get a larger one? ;) J/K
I can not even remember the last time Heather and I were away from each there for a long period of time. I guess we did so much of it while I was here, and she was in NY finishing School. I know it sucked though. Don't worry though, she will be back soon, and you guys can watch SD lose....O did I say that out loud.... :P

Sal Cartusciello said...

OK, wise guy. I did not realize that if you use the medium setting you can't click on the picture. I'm learning. :-)

I think you are lucky Morgan is not reading this while she is away.

Unknown said...

I will shoot you an email with instructions :)