Wednesday, January 23, 2008

medicine works.....

We have had Leo on a medicine that the vet in NC gave us for older cats and arthritis. Morgan usually gives it to him on treats so he will take it. Well, the last few days of it, must have really done the trick, because he has not fallen over or wobbled for at least a day. We may see more episodes soon (he is almost 17 years old), but for now he is the old cat we love. He still does not move swiftly (who amongst us does), and he is "low" in the hinds, but he is moving without falling, and that's a good thing.

I have joined up with the Eternal Riders group from our church. They have a Sunday morning ride once a month after the early service. Seems like this church has quite a few riders and car enthusiasts. Pastor Harry himself is a Harley rider (and we were told has brought it on stage during his sermon), and he and his son rebuilt a 1966 Camaro. I look forward to riding with them, and meeting some more of the church's members.

I received an email from the group's leader about a 2005 HD Dyna Super Glide for sale. It was a nice bike, as the owner seems to have taken care of it, and has some nice accessories added that were good additions like front pegs. It has two small dings, one on the tank, and one on a pipe (that you really can't see). It's tempting to look closer, but I deleted the email. I need more miles under my belt before I can think about moving up.

I am reading on my friend Kellie's posts that she is in a "valley". I am very sorry to hear that, and will be praying for things to turn around. She, and her family have been there for us so much, it is the least we can do.

Casey's new family are all doing well. He told me he needs some sleep, and I fully understand, It has been a hectic few days for him. He needs his rest, not just for Heather and the baby, but to keep his health in order.

Morgan heard from my mom yesterday. They still don't really know what is wrong with her best friend, but she seems to be more stable now. The other news she told Morgan is that my brother has bulging and deteriorating disks in his neck. Well, doesn't that sound familiar? I hope he is able to get this taken care of soon. I know first hand, that neck pain is no fun, at all.

Luckily, I have been pain free for almost six weeks now. I think the exercises and better desk posture has really helped me. I just need to keep it up during tax season.

- This better mean I see gas below $3 a gallon.
- Being new to this, but enjoying it, Kellie will be happy.
- Want a free gaming magazine?

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Woohoo about Starbucks... lol We'll see if it lasts. :)

I surely hope gas is going down! Geesh!

I am so glad to hear Leo is doing somewhat better! That made me happy.

I truly hope and pray your Mom's friend gets to feeling better soon.

Thank you for the prayers. God is good... I appreciate them more than you know.

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Thanks for the free mag link!

I'm glad your kitty-cat is feeling better.

I'll be keeping your Mom's friend and your friend in my thoughts.

Later!