Sunday, January 6, 2008

the sickie.....

Morgan has been sick with a cold all week. It actually started last Saturday evening when she said she was feeling a bit tired. Then Sunday while watching football, she said she thought she was coming down with something, and boy, was she right. She has had a sore throat and stuffed head ever since. I can't ever remember her having a cold for so long in all the time we have been together. Back in 2005, she got a sinus infection and bronchitis, when we were in NY for Christmas, but usually she gets a cold for a day or two, and then it's gone. I don't like seeing her this way, and hope she feels better real soon, because I know she will not be calling in sick. She never does.

Finally had a sermon with Pastor Harry last night at church. He is a good speaker, with a very good sense of humor. We are starting a series on the different names for God in the Bible. Last night we discussed Righteousness. I look forward to hearing how he does the rest of the series.

My friend Casey took the second set of the new meds in his battle with Crohns. He has said, "so far, so good" in terms of no reaction to the medicine, and he is feeling OK. It should not be long before he knows if this is going to really help him feel "normal". Of course, "normal" will change in 8 weeks when the baby arrives.

The Hurricanes lost again last night, 1-0 to the St. Louis Blues. They can not waste good goalie efforts like the one from Michael Leighton last night. You don't get that many 1 goal allowed games from your backup goaltender.

I start the 4am wakeups tomorrow morning to try and get more on "east coast time" and be in sync with a majority of my clients. I probably could wait a week or two more to do this, but I want to be ahead of everything this year, so this will allow me to take care of the small items that pop up around the office.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Tell Morgan I hope she feels better. I have been battling something this past week and it has had its moments. lol

I can't wait to know that when I am at school you will be UP. lol I just might call you one of those mornings to check up on you. hee hee...

Sal Cartusciello said...

Great. Morgan already says she will start texting me at 4am. That will actually be excercise time. I will be in office by 5:30 or 6am. Ugh!

Hope you also fell better soon.

Kellie said...

Maybe I can catch you in the middle of pilates or something. hee hee... I need to call you anyway... have missed talking with you. Maybe tonight.