Sunday, January 13, 2008

chains.....

Cassie took her GATE test yesterday. She thinks she was the only person in her testing class to finish the whole test. That did not surprise me or Morgan. What happens if Cassie does get accepted is that she will still be in the same classroom and learn the same material as all the other students, but they will give you "extra learning material" in areas being studied if that is an area you excel in. Sounds interesting, and should help Cassie stay focused throughout the school day. We'll know the test results early in February.

Last night's church service by Pastor Harry concerned chains and how they drag you down, and are not the way to live your life. He told us that the peace in God (Jehovah-Shalom) is necessary to release the chains, and that you can come to that peace to help you face the tough times. His finishing line was that he is "Too Blessed to Be Stressed", was really something I need to think about. Morgan of course told me the same thing later in the evening after the service. I'm trying, and much better than I was before in my life, but it is tough for me, but I will try harder to "let go".

After the services ended there were people around that lead the different small groups in the church. They have a motorcycle riding club, and a car club that Morgan and I signed up to be a part of. Also available is a writer's group, hiking, outdoor skeet shooting, and self-defense classes that meet throughout the year.

They also have someone who gives basic guitar lessons. Cassie says she is interested, but just signed up for tennis through school, so we are going to wait for that to finish before starting the guitar. We don't want her to have too much going, seeing that swimming can be a six day a week event.

Another item on the list is their Marriage Super Bowl on the Sunday before the actual Super Bowl. Basically it is a couples' scavenger hunt. Sounds interesting, so I may see if Morgan wants to do it together.

Morgan's station ranked #1 in the fall book for the area, and their morning show, while 5th, is on .4 away from being in the second position, and not much further away from being the #1 morning show in the market. As always, I am proud of her.

She leaves for Memphis on Thursday morning to visit St. Jude's Hospital. This is the charity where most, if not all, of the stations fund raising goes towards. It will be strange her not being in the house for a few days. I was used to it just being Cassie and I in the other house for times, but this will be the first time in SD that we will be on our own.

The Hurricanes lost 5-4 last night to the Colorado Avalanche. The blew a 2-0 lead after the first, and then a 4-2 lead after the second period by giving up three third period goals in five minutes. UGH! On top of that, I see that Glen Wesley has been placed on the injured reserve list because of an illness. I am assuming it is just a bad case of the flu, and nothing else.

OK, it is almost game time for the Chargers. Two good games yesterday, although I expected more fight from the Seahawks, and today's games should be good, as the teams match up pretty well.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Sounds like you had a good sermon, Sal... Keep listening. :)

Glen has a sinus infection from what I have been told. I think he played through it a couple of games but it finally got the best of him.

Tell Morgan I said to be careful. She'll be near US this time. lol