Saturday, January 19, 2008

a place to sit.....

So the chair that was in yesterday's picture is no longer in the office. I broke down and picked up a different one today. I am hoping that it will be comfortable enough (seems to be) that I will sit back in it while working, and that will eliminate the terrible neck pain I suffered last tax season.

They want Cassie to move up to the competitive swim group. Her coach would like her to maybe start slowly by staying where she is now, but adding 2 of the competitive practices each week, then start full time on March 1st. That will mean instead of an hour practice, it will be 90 minutes Monday through Friday, and 2 hours on Saturday mornings. It also means she will not be getting home until after 7pm on those nights, and being at the pool for 8am on Saturdays. The later start time is OK with me, especially during tax season as I can work until 4:30 or 5pm, and be done. All I know is I better find a longer route for running. :-)

Of course, moving up in "class" also means more stuff to purchase. They use flippers for feet and hands, and a piece they keep between their legs to keep them from kicking as part of their training. Cassie enjoys it, and swimming for ninety minutes each day is great exercise for her. I will bet that by the time the summer comes, she will be in "solid" shape, because of all the muscles she will be using.

Morgan is still in Memphis. I really miss her. :-( She will be home by about 2pm tomorrow, so I will be dvr'ing the games, and we will be watching them all day long. Also means we need to shut of cell phones and stay away from computers.

Need to finish up some work, so I will have nothing to do on Monday. With the holiday, and no mail, I don't expect much to come to my desk until Tuesday. Plus, we have a certificate for some fancy brunch place that we are going to use Monday morning.

Stopped by Sports Authority today, an they were lined up at the register with Charger gear. I made the comment that if you need to buy gear now to show your colors, you must not be much of a fan. Cassie just laughed, and we talked about it being like all the Hurricane "fans" during the Stanley Cup run.

The Canes did get to beat up on the Edmonton Oilers last night. Eric Staal had a hat trick (including one on a penalty shot), as they won 7-2.

OK, I tried to get the "7-2" to be a link to the boxscore and failed. Need to play some more, but not today. Need to wrap up work, and get Cassie and I to church.
***EDIT*** OK, Casey gave me the "how to" and now it works. Thanks buddy!!!

BTW, in case anyone wants my opinion.
Patriots 29 Chargers 16 (If Rivers plays, an upset would not surprise me, but I think we are seeing history in the making.)
Packers 27 Giants 22

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Got to love those band wagon jumpers. Just wanted to say good luck to the chargers tomorrow. I hope it is a good game, I will have my Pats Jersey on :)
Sending you an email with some screen shots of how to link text.

Casey

Kellie said...

Great linking there, Sal!! :) It truly isn't too hard. Casey is the man sending you an email with screen shots!!

Glad you got a new chair. :)

Wow and good job to Cassie for her swimming ability. :)

Too funny about the Charger gear. There are definitely a lot of 'Canes fans around here that are no more since they have not had the best few weeks. Fair weather fans.... gotta love your team whether they win or lose. I just love teams from a distance and through Steve. lol

Morgan said...

I gotta say--I missed reading this blog while I was away. I learn alot about my husband by reading it!

Casey--Congrats on the Patriots winning. If we had been healthy.....
: )

Kellie--HI!

Memphis was awesome. Ate ribs all three nights we were there....YUM! St. Jude Childrens' Hospital is just an amazing place. There are angels there!