Monday, January 14, 2008

Charger fever.....

Well the city has finally realized that it has a football team. Charger flags and colors were all over when I was going to and from Cassie's swimming practice. Southern California has always been known for not being a "sport area", but when it is fashionable to cheer for the team, they come out of the woodwork.

Pretty much the same thing happened with the Hurricanes, except Raleigh and North Carolina in general are better sport areas. The Canes problem is they play a game not native to the area. I see attendance is down, and I am pretty sure there are not too many flags or team colors in the area, except for game days at the arena. Hopefully, they will get going, and catch the area's attention again.

I am not jumping on the Charger bandwagon. Mine is hitched to the Miami Dolphins, and to a lesser extent, the Giants, but I really don't agonize over them like I do the Dolphins. It is fun to watch Morgan get so animated during games. I really have no rooting interest, but would love to see Brett Favre and the Packers win it because I really like Brett. Now that is a guy I would like to hang out with and have a beer.

I do know, I need to keep the texting with Casey down this week. He is a big time Patriots fan, so Morgan just might throw away my phone if we have too much contact. :-)

Not much going on except for work keeping me and Morgan steadily busy. Other than that, it is pretty quiet around here.

Until the next time.....

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Steve is going for the Chargers, which, I guess, means I am, too. ha!! He loves Philip Rivers since he used to be at State. I truly, honestly, do not care either way. You know how "sportsy" I am!!!

Unknown said...

Booo Chargers fans ;)
So does that mean if the Pats win, like they did last year, Morgan is really not going to talk to me :)

BTW Kellie, I have been meaning to ask what camera and lens do you use? I have been looking at your blog through Sal's link and you take some wonderful pictures. I really need to shoot more.....
Casey

Kellie said...

Hey Casey,
I am glad you have seen my work. :) I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT and have the EFS 17-85mm wide angle lens and a EF 70-300mm telephoto lens. It has definitely been a process to get what I have now. I have learned SO much in the last year.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Bringing people together through photography.....

Kellie said...

Sal...You crack me up. You just never knew how your blog would bring people together....:sigh:

Morgan said...

Casey--Are you kidding me? I'm ALREADY not talking to you. Nice dig, by the way, "...like they did last year...." uh-huh.

I like to think of it as character building to root for the underdog. Just remember nobody thought we'd beat the Colts either!