Friday, January 4, 2008

I saw your ad.....

Morgan and I had a conversation about shoes, among other things. It all started off with my comment about her buying four new pair of shoes, and basically my misunderstanding on why she needs so many. Or what I think is "so many". It really isn't that many, but in our first 17 years together, Morgan never wore different shoes, and really not too many fancy clothes. She always wore nice clothes, and looked good, but now she is able to wear different style clothes, and shoes to make those clothes look better, and it is just another new part of her that I am adjusting to that comes with her weight loss.

Morgan is well over a hundred pounds lost, and it is not only a physical change that she deals with, but a mental one also. She tells me how different she is treated now, how people speak to her now, and how different she feels now, and sometimes that combination is hard to deal with. Sometimes I think she has to deal with a whole new life, and lifestyle, almost like being a new person, and it can be overwhelming. Add the move to the opposite side of the country, and it all adds up to a large amount for one person in a short amount of time.

I know she will get through all of it in its own time. I am proud of her, and love her very much.

Caught up on the work that had come in so far, so today it was time to sort out my advertising options. I am staying away from the phonebook, and trying to hit more local papers and publications. I will already be in our HOG newsletter for the year, and for $60 for the whole year, it is a great deal. All but three clients (out of about 60 new clients) the last 2 years were from "word of mouth", so I am always skeptical about any advertising. Have someone stopping by on Tuesday for a color ad in a monthly, and I have some more research on a couple of others options. Need to do it soon, as people will start looking in the next few weeks.

We are supposed to have have rain here this weekend. The weather geeks are calling for a couple of inches, but they also said it was supposed to start last night, and so far nothing. Guess we will see if all that fancy technology is working for them by the end of the weekend.

We have the Chargers' playoff game against the Tennessee Titans this Sunday afternoon. Up until this morning, there were still 350 tickets available, and there was the threat that the game would be blacked out from local TV. There are also many thousands of tickets still with brokers and on websites, as the so called "fans" are staying away from possibly the only home playoff game the Chargers might have this year. If a football stadium is partially empty for a playoff game, it does not reflect well on the fans in the area.

The Hurricanes cut ties with John Grahame, and put him on waivers. I was never a fan of his, and always though he was a bit of a showoff, and not good technically. His angles always seemed off, and he needed to make those "hard" saves in easy situations.

The Canes made up for their overtime loss on Wednesday, and beat the Thrashers 4-3 in Atlanta tonight. They started off by falling behind 2-0, and it did not look good. Nice to see them bounce back, and get a road division win.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I will bet you don't understand a woman's need for SHOES!! ha!!! I am glad Morgan is getting the opportunity to go find new "stuff" to wear. I have enjoyed that on a much smaller scale. You keep telling her I am stinking proud of her!!

I am sure you will be getting new clients left and right. They'll be getting an awesome tax guy, that is for sure!!!! :)

Saw the end of the 'Canes game. Had NO clue about Grahame until I saw this "new guy" in the goal. lol Steve had to explain it all to me. Between Steve and you I am up on my knowledge of sporting events. :) What do you think of the new one?

Sal Cartusciello said...

The new goalie, Leighton, should be a good backup. He has been around, but should help push Cam a bit.