Thursday, January 17, 2008

Morgan gone / Day 1.....

Wasn't going to post this evening, but I will make it a "shorty" As it says in the title, Morgan is in Memphis. She got there this afternoon, and has already met up with people in the industry that she knows. She told me that most did not recognize her. She also told me they went to a rib place for dinner, while I had leftover soup. :-)

Did not call about the tax practice today. I spent today cleaning all work that had arrived off my desk, and setting up with the new business client in NC. I know he is a "definite", so I had to make sure to handle him first. I will call the accountant that is selling tomorrow, and see what answers he has to my questions before I pursue any further.

Also hope to get out on the bike tomorrow morning to go to the bank, and the office supply store. Ran out of labels for the tax return folders by two sheets. Oh well, I would have needed them later, but with nothing on my desk, I have an excuse to get in a 30 minute ride.

I see that Casey started his "picture of the day" posting, and changed his background to black, which I really like. Kellie saw his post, and has also changed her background. Also to black! I gave her a hard time about it.

They did not get any snow in the eastern part of NC like was called for. Because of the potential bad weather, most schools decided to announce and delay the start of school on Wednesday evening (including Wake Christian Academy where Cassie attended, and Kellie teaches), so the kids and teachers got a little extra sleep time for plain 'ol rain.

Spoke with my buddy, Tim. He is going through a separation and soon to be divorce. I feel bad for him, as now things are starting to drag, and for him, his soon to be ex-wife, and their teenage son, it really just needs to get going and move on.

The Hurricanes lost again. Actually, they got crushed by the Ottawa Senators, 5-1. Nothing more really needs to be said. As of now, they are out of a playoff spot. They also traded away Craig Adams to the Chicago Black Hawks. It was supposed to be the start of a "wake up call". Well, the team seemed to hit the snooze button.

Ok, I said, short, and I mean it.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

News said tonight we could get 5 inches on Saturday, and going to be very cold. I moved from NY to get away from snow....although I really hope it does ;)

Kellie said...

Yes, you DID give me a hard time about my background, didn't you???? lol

Again, glad Morgan is safe and sound in Memphis. I just grinned when you said people didn't recognize her. :)

We'll see what it does about that snow tomorrow!