Tuesday, January 22, 2008

you can have it.....

Received an e-mail from the broker concerning the practice I was looking at buying. Seems that someone made a full price offer, and the seller accepted. I would have too, if I was the seller. With deteriorating health, and a drop of almost $16K in income from 2006 to 2007, that is too risky for my taste. It had to be a big firm or a relative newcomer who was looking to get a good base. Either way, I wish them luck.

So I will go into this tax season in the same position in terms of clients. At this point, I have given the current NC clients as much as possible on my end to make this a smooth transition. Plus, I have already gained to new NC clients, so I am on the positive side of the equation at this point. Hopefully the advertising I have done, and some "word of mouth" around the area will bring some new California clients into the fold.

Had to pick up some gear for Cassie as she advances in her swim practices. They have them use flippers (on feet and hands), and a buoy that they keep between their legs so they won't kick during certain exercises. Tonight was her first practice, so worked hard for 90 minutes. She will sleep good tonight. They want her to get into this class slowly, so she will probably participate two times a week for a while, then three times, before she starts full time (5 or 6 practices a week) starting on March 1st.

I went for about a 60 minute run while Cassie had practice. It was nice, but I need to pick up some lights to wear as it was dark, and people are in a hurry to get home from work, so they don't obey my "walk" sign at every crosswalk. Otherwise, you can't beat a winter night run at 50 degrees.

Casey and Heather have finally named their baby girl, and it was not Bradie. Instead they went with Gillian Marie. Of course, first thing I thought of when he sent over the text message was the X-Files. All are doing fine, and that is a good thing. I am happy for them, and even though it is only little shots of Casey, he looks good and very happy in the photos. And I am glad for that.

Leo seems to be doing OK today. He did not move around much, but when he did, he seemed to have most of his balance. I will really know by checking their food. They always finish what I put out, so if there is a lot left over, then we need to keep an eye on him.

Just for fairness after Leo's picture yesterday, I have included Casper's picture.

Cassie brought home a father/daughter dance flyer from school (wait 10 years, Casey). The theme is "Let's Go to the Hop", so it's 50's attire. It will be the first one we have done together, and it should be fun.

You will notice a few more blog links on the page. Come to find out that quite a few of the "geezers" that Casey and I game with have been reading our blogs, and a couple have put our links on theirs, so I am returning the favor. Some might be a little more "raw" then the others, but these are all real nice guys.

The Hurricanes lost to the New York Islanders 6-3 in the second game of their back-to-back set. The Islanders scored 3 shorthanded goals, with two coming in the second period 45 seconds apart. How the Canes can give up 3 shortys (yes, I know) is a game in beyond me. And at home, no less!

I am going to put some links to articles (told you I would abuse this) that I have read or come across during the day. There will be politics, sports, entertainment, strange, etc. I love information, and during this time of year, my scanning the 'net for it is limited, but there are always a few highlights to the day. Hope you enjoy (or skip right over).

- Seems Little Johnny felt left out in his "home" state.
- A sad story, of obliviously a very troubled young man.
- This is why there should not be a two week break before the Super Bowl.
- Here is an example of the crazy business that is Wall Street. You can have your best earnings ever, but because some "expert" thought you should make more, your stock drops. Huh?

Until the next time.....

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh, don't worry Kellie, Casey and Geezer friends--I WILL take pictures of Sal all dressed up in his 50's garb for the dance. How adorable.

That is a great photo of Casper. Have you clicked on it? When it takes over your entire computer screen, it's HUGE!!! Kinda frightening actually....

Kellie said...

I am QUITE excited to see pics of Sal all dressed up. Glad you are going to take pictures, Morgan!!

Glad to see a picture of Casper. That is a sweet kitty!!

You'll be proud, Sal... I did actually click on your LINKS. You do love that. hee hee

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

I can't wait! Too bad all of my pictures were destroyed in a house fire. I once went to a 50's themed dance were I dressed in the poodle skirt and my date wore the greaser getup.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Well, this is a daddy / daughter dance, so me in a poodle skirt might not work. :)

Morgan said...

....Yeah, but I could soooo see Cassie in a black leather jacket and white t-shirt with her hair slicked back and a pack of gum rolled up in her sleeve.....LOL......