Saturday, January 12, 2008

testing day.....

Cassie is taking a test for the school to determine if she should be taking some "gifted" classes. It is called the GATE program, but all I know is that it will be a little extra work to keep her challenged. She tells me she is learning new things (which I believe) and is not bored (which I am not sure of), but she picks things up so easily (like her dad did), I don't want her to get lazy (again, like her dad did).

Today in school was Game Day. The kids brought in their Nintendos, board games, iPods, etc., and spent part of the day interacting with the other kids in class by playing these games. Maybe this will help her socially, but where's the learning? Maybe Morgan and I are overreacting on this, but we really hope she does well on these GATE tests and is accepted into the program.

Caught up on my work that has been sent into the office. Still have a few more pieces that need to be sent to me for the "normal" work of the month. Glad I am caught up with my head still feeling lousy. My body feels OK, but my head is still "fuzzy".

Received back the proof of the ad I will be placing in a local monthly magazine. They are even using a picture of me in it. I was hesitant to put my picture in the ad, but their graphic artist used the picture, my business card, and a few extra "lines" about the business to make it a nice ad. Hopefully it will generate a few phone calls.

Looks like I have picked up a new income tax client in NC, that was actually an old client. Her and her husband went through a separation last year, and neither used me because they thought the other was. Well, I actually worked with neither one of them. I have had plenty of divorced clients over the year. The trick is to be normal and neutral, and you can keep both clients. I have had a married couples one return, turn into 4 tax returns when they separated and had their new boyfriend and girlfriend use my services.

I might also have two new NC businesses coming in as clients. The first one called Monday, but I think the fees might have scared him off. He was not able to give me a real good idea of the amount of work needed, so I had to estimate high fees (and told him so). The other is a friend of a business client, who I should be speaking with on Monday.

Went for another run this afternoon while Cassie was swimming. The day was close to 70, so I had perfect late afternoon weather to be running in. I went for about 50 minutes or so, and my legs are a bit sore but OK. There is a dirt trail for half of my run, so that should help my legs not get so beat up.

Football weekend. Four great games, with the eight best teams in the NFL. This is my favorite weekend of games. We already have the DVR set, and will be lazy watching the games. The Chargers game is a 10am start on Sunday, so that will mean Saturday evening services, and an early wake up. 10am football still seems weird, even after four months.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Hope you fuzziness gets better soon. It isn't fun having your head feel that way. Glad you got your work caught up.

Game Day at school... hmmm.. I am with you on that one. I am sure Cassie will do awesome on that test. She would do well with the challenge.

Sounds like the Lord continues to bless with new clients!! He's taking care of things for you. As for the ad with your picture... I had to laugh at your comment. I promise it will be fine. lol

Glad you were able to get your run in while Cassie practices. :)