Tuesday, January 8, 2008

start me up.....

Well, today was my first official day of tax season. Got myself out of bed at 4am (4:10 after the snooze), and after some weights and the elliptical machine, was showered and ready at 6am. I am starting early to compensate for the time difference due to 95% of my clients being in the eastern time zone. Got a good amount done today, but I still need to get out the initial "tax season email", that basically will spell out what is going on these next three months. I hope to have that done in the morning.

After not finding my tax preparer license application when I called this afternoon (yes, they lost it for a while, and took my number while they looked for it, and I almost "lost it"), it looks like when I sign into the site tomorrow morning, I will have a CA license and ID#. Finally.

Morgan seems to be feeling much better today. That is good, because especially being on the air is tough on her throat and head when she is not feeling well.

Spoke with my friend Kellie, and her husband, Steve this evening while at the pool for Cassie's swim practice. It was good to speak to both of them. We talked about football, hockey, couches, school, Bible reading, and general "goings on". Kept Kellie on for a while, and with the time difference it was late by the time we hung up, so I know she was up a bit later than she wanted to grading papers. They are good friends, and I am very glad we were brought together to be friends.

The city is excited about the Chargers winning their game against the Titans on Sunday afternoon. Now it is off to Indianapolis to face the Colts. They will really need their "A" game, especially with the Colts having time off to rest. If the defense plays well, they have a chance for the upset.

Off to sleep, to get that 4am alarm. Ugh!

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I meant to ask you about the CA licensing... glad that is taken care of now. You are officially, official... :)

I am such a pro at grading papers now, that I whipped those puppies out in a flash... lol You didn't keep me up late. :) I even managed to blog and read last night! It was so good talking to you. :)