Monday, January 28, 2008

A little better.....

A follow up on my step-father, Lou. Spoke with my mom and he is awake and knows what is going on, and the hallucinations are gone. He will probably have to live with the trake tube for a while. Right now he is scheduled to stay in the ICU for a few more days.

We had some rain last night and today. Some of my NC clients have asked that I send the rain to them. I know it is getting scary in the southeast with respects to water. This is a shot of a small puddle by the pool in the backyard. Not a great picture, but it will do.

Already received a client's tax information, and another is sending hers in an UPS pack that is to arrive on Wednesday. Pus, I had some email conversations with others that are getting their packages together, so it looks like we are off and running.

Can you believe that Friday is already February 1st?

I received a copy of the magazine with my ad in it. They did a nice job with it, and because they had the space this month, they are running a larger ad for me (1/4 page) then I had contracted for (1/6 page). Hopefully it will bring in some new clients in the area.

I dvr'ed and watched the NHL All-Star Game festivities from Saturday night and Sunday evening. They really did a much better job then in previous years with the Saturday night skill competitions and the Young Guns Game. The All-Star Game itself was also more fun to watch as the guys played harder (still no hitting, which is OK) and seemed to really want to win. Hopefully some new fans caught some of it, and will come back to watch more hockey. It was very good, and there are some kinks to work out, overall, I would say it was a solid B- for the weekend.

Our own Carolina Hurricane, Eric Staal, was the game's MVP with 2 goals and an assist. His second goal tied the game at 7, then he had an assist on the game winning gaol with only 30 seconds left in the game. Maybe this will be a good sign for him and the rest of the team, and they get a jump start on this second half.

- I also paid $2.99 today. Normally we are 30 cents higher then the rest of the country.
- One of Morgan's favorite bands.
- I can spend hours looking in their bigger stores.

Until the next time.....

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh--you look sooooo much like your Dad in that picture.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yep. Bald.

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

I like the way your head pops out of the tax return form. :) You just need a look on your face like you are doing complex calculations in your head. lol

I've got some pics of the Lego Empire State and Chrysler Buildings that were in the Toys R' Us at Times Square. They were impressive.

Morgan said...

.....yeah, not just bald. The whole look.

And "friendly" professional service? I guess that's a better selling phrase than "ol' cranky pants service" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
luv ya!

Kellie said...

HAHA!! I am getting a good laugh out of Morgan's comments. "Cranky pants" is my favorite... hee hee

Really, can't you send some of that rain?????? lol

I am impressed that you live in CA and paid $2.99 a gallon... we are getting a bit lower here, too.