Thursday, January 24, 2008

quiet time.....

Really nothing going on today. Had some work to finish up, and some that arrived, but for now, my desk is clean. Not sure how long it will stay that way, but for now it is.

My buddy Casey is still having a tough time, as his daughter needs to stay in the hospital for a few more days. She was a month early, so I am sure all of this is routine. But when you are the new parents, nothing is routine, so not being able to take your baby home, just adds to your anxiety. The new Gavette family have many people praying and thinking of them, so they are not alone in this time. All will be OK.

I was looking back at the start of my posting, and have things changed in two plus months. I was really upset, lonely, confused, angry, you name it. Then Morgan and I had that big fight/discussion for two days, and we were able to get things right. Have I mentioned in any of these posts how much I love her? :-)

I feel content now. Do I love San Diego? No. Do I like San Diego? Yes. I still miss the east coast, but I don't long for it like I did two months ago. I am really looking forward to what the time here will bring to us, and what we will take from it. I look at the mountains around us (which you constantly see driving, and when I am on my run), and the ocean a short hop away, and I feel good about it all. I am happy about that.

Hopefully, that contentedness comes across in these pages, instead of all the adjectives I mentioned above. Or maybe you liked reading a "troubled" blog? ;-)

We have a quiet weekend coming up. Cassie has a birthday party on Saturday afternoon, and we have a brunch certificate for Sunday morning at Humphrey's by the Bay. That hopefully means some gaming, as it has been a while since I had a long session. I am sure there will be some family Rock Band mixed in.

How did the Hurricanes get a week off. Most teams are playing tonight before the league shuts down for the All-Star Game. I hope the team uses this time to rest, and get focused for the "second half" of the season, and the run towards the playoffs.

- Man, there will be some upset grandmas in Raleigh.
- Free money for some people.
- We have professional golf right down the road from us.
- I am so happy this show is good again.
- Only one week until this show returns.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Can't wait for LOST!

Kellie said...

I never got to comment on this one before you did the next one. lol I have been a bit crazy/busy today.

Steve an I are excited about LOST coming back on, too. :)

You cracked me up about Barry Manilow...